Do ED and third party developers share information for aircraft development?

Donut

It seems at times that ED and other third party developers do not share information with each other. Two examples come to mind: VEAO P-40 and Magnitude 3 Christen Eagle II. VEAO has announced that they are having great difficulty with the P-40 and have had to delay release and put development on hold. Magnitude 3 said that one of the reasons for developing the Eagle II was to serve as a test-bed for propeller aircraft and create a prop-engine flight model to be used in WWII aircraft. Why won't ED or other third party developers help these guys out? The technology and flight models for several WWII aircraft already exists in DCS. Surely the information used to develop these aircraft could be used for others. I would think it would greatly expedite the process of developing WWII modules if developers didn't have to reinvent the wheel each time.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

They do share certain informations, especially about the core technologies of the game engine (providing an API). It's a bit different when it comes to specific informations about how specific flight models or other things are designed for certain aircraft, because while working together on DCS, they are still different companies with their own products and software. While it would make sense to share these things from a game point of view, it might not make sense from a business point of view, because it would mean that you're doing the work for another company without reward.

That's my understanding at least.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg