Asking price for an excellent used VIVE PRO full kit

Notso

What is a fair asking price for a like NIB barely used Vive Pro with 2x base stations, 2x HC and headset plus the base station stands? I've seen some used ones on Amazon for $950 and one on Craigslist for ~$800. Asking for a friend. TIA.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Base stations usually go for $100 used. And that's because they're still in demand for Index and Pimax and usually out of stock. So $200 for base stations and I wouldn't pay more than $200 for headset when Index HMD only is $500. And $100 for both controllers. So $500 or less would be fair price in my opinion.

Those $800 on Craiglist... I wouldn't buy it. That's almost price of brand new Cosmos Elite and only $200 less than full Index kit with base station 2.0.

And if you do get Vive Pro, GearVR lens swap is must.

Edited by Taz1004

Base stations usually go for $100 used. And that's because they're still in demand for Index and Pimax and usually out of stock. So $200 for base stations and I wouldn't pay more than $200 for headset when Index HMD only is $500. And $100 for both controllers. So $500 or less would be fair price in my opinion.

Those $800 on Craiglist... I wouldn't buy it. That's almost price of brand new Cosmos Elite and only $200 less than full Index kit with base station 2.0.

And if you do get Vive Pro, GearVR lens swap is must.

Cool thank you. That's very helpful. What does the Gear VR lens do?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Cool thank you. That's very helpful. What does the Gear VR lens do?

Vive Pro, even tho every aspect of it is great design... minus the over-price due to it being marketed for "Professionals", comes with cheap Fresnel lens which has very narrow sweet spot. Everything gets really blurry outside of that sweet spot. And you see the banding from Fresnel ring around your eyes.

GearVR lens (2018 model) fits into Vive Pro with 3d printed adapter you can buy off ebay for $10. And it has much clear lens and difference is just day and night. I can read small text just by glancing over with my eyes now. I don't have to turn my head.

It'd be extra purchase if you don't have GearVR already but I see them for less than $50 on ebay. I had GearVR for free with my Galaxy S8 pre-order 2 years ago so I had couple collecting dust. But even if you have to buy it, difference is definitely worth the extra cost.

Edited by Taz1004

Sold mine (Vive pro with lens mod, controllers and base stations for 500 and the buyer is still happy with it. Question is what's the reason for buying a used Vive pro? From my point of view (depending on what you plan to do with your VR headset) there are more interesting gears on the market than a Vive pro although I was very happy with mine ad changed it with mixed feelings for a HP Reverb G1

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb