Mariana Islands Map & DCS: WWII

NineLine

Presence of dash 5 was non existent in that period. Even dash 3 with water injection wasn't common and was only starting to replace older machines in service. When I tried to research Hellcat variants during battle of Leyte Gulf, dash 3 still comprised between 33 - 40 % of Hellcats in service in the area (and thats couple months later, in October 1944).

F6F-3 makes sense from either historical perspective (which is exactly my perspective) or balance point of view (since some already raised concerns if A6M5 Ai would pose a threat).

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Presence of dash 5 was non existent in that period. Even dash 3 with water injection wasn't common and was only starting to replace older machines in service. When I tried to research Hellcat variants during battle of Leyte Gulf, dash 3 still comprised between 33 - 40 % of Hellcats in service in the area (and thats couple months later, in October 1944).

F6F-3 makes sense from either historical perspective (which is exactly my perspective) or balance point of view (since some already raised concerns if A6M5 Ai would pose a threat).

Maybe the A6M5 module will be more of a threat:music_whistling:

Just kidding, I know if it is in the plans you can't say anything.

Now when will DCS support float planes?

Floatplanes, flying boats, or even helicopters with pontoons would absolutely be a dream come true.

Seaplane operations were are significant part of many theatres of WW2. DCS ocean rendering is really nice these days and the lure of being able to land an Aichi E13A or PBY Catalina or Nakajima A6M2-N or OS2U Kingfisher or (... list goes on for about 6-7 pages...) on water would be totally irresistible.

Floatplanes, flying boats, or even helicopters with pontoons would absolutely be a dream come true.

Seaplane operations were are significant part of many theatres of WW2. DCS ocean rendering is really nice these days and the lure of being able to land an Aichi E13A or PBY Catalina or Nakajima A6M2-N or OS2U Kingfisher or (... list goes on for about 6-7 pages...) on water would be totally irresistible.

Martin Mars

Wow, A Pacific Theater map and forum section... so many possibilities...so anticipated, and still a surprise. Oscars, Nates, Tonys, Hamps, Franks, and Jakes, Nells, Bettys,... Dinah was a fast one too... and that's just the Army side. ..I could imagine Super carrier Akagi... with a load of Zekes and Judys and Vals...that would be cool. or Essex, or Yorktown, or lady Lex, F4F, SBD, TBF,F6F... And the F4U . And it is the Pacific, we have to have an Amfib.. A PB2Y Catalina, or Kingfisher, or a Zeke float plane would be awesome... Imagine landing a bi-plane float plane in the open ocean, next to a ship....or patrol for the enemy fleet. I may be just Pipe dreaming... but one can dream

:thumbup:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Leatherneck Simulations plan their A6M5 only AI then I guess we will have to wait at least a few years before ED complete their planned WWII projects P-47, Mosquito and Me262 and then hope they decide to create one Japanese a/c.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

If Leatherneck Simulations plan their A6M5 only AI then I guess we will have to wait at least a few years before ED complete their planned WWII projects P-47, Mosquito and Me262 and then hope they decide to create one Japanese a/c.

Probably it could be a right move for ED creating a WWII division to start supporting in the right manner a market that has a lot of potential growth, shorter developement times and higher incomes compared to modern era modules.

A Pacific theater, an African one, asset pack...etc. etc.

Also the support for the already released modules (I think of the A-8...from June no others weapons, no external tank....) could benefit from this.

Putting money in...to obtain money then....:thumbup:

FM-2 would be perfect. They were on board of those smaller aircraft carriers.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Martin Mars

Without question, the Martin Mars or better yet, the Martin Mariner, would be an awesome addition to the DCS World Pacific Theater however, in my humble opinion, the PBY-5A Catalina would be the best possible choice. It flew in every single theater throughout the war and performed as a patrol bomber, torpedo bomber, search and rescue and liason aircraft. But the best feature that I think would be so exciting for us in DCS World, would be that it is amphibious. If ED or a third party could figure out how to make that work, I have no doubt that it would be a massive seller!! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]