Caucasus Pendulum

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for the Mission a few of us used it last night.

However,

When I load this mission up on DCS Dedicated Server Beta, the mission loads fine but doesnt Start, the Enemy spawn in at Gali Etc but nothing from Blue AI with the exception of hard placed units IE command outpost & FARPS, (No Column of BLue AI move toward Gali)

When I load the mission in Just a multiplayer and host myself works flawlessly.

Just wondering if anyone else is seen the same issues.

Dedicated server running is also running : SLMOD

Cheers

I experienced non-aggressive AI flights when hosting the mission on DCS Dedicated Server Beta. Leonardo told me this bug was related to the dedicated server. But I didn't experience the issue you're talking about: blue units were there and succeeded in capturing all bases.

EDIT: :doh:My bad, this didn't happen with your mission, leonardo.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Many thanks for the Mission a few of us used it last night.

However,

When I load this mission up on DCS Dedicated Server Beta, the mission loads fine but doesnt Start, the Enemy spawn in at Gali Etc but nothing from Blue AI with the exception of hard placed units IE command outpost & FARPS, (No Column of BLue AI move toward Gali)

When I load the mission in Just a multiplayer and host myself works flawlessly.

Just wondering if anyone else is seen the same issues.

Dedicated server running is also running : SLMOD

Cheers

As a general rule, if you host a mission on a system with a mod and have problems, and then host the same mission on a system without the mod and it runs fine then, by Occam's razor, the issue is in the mod ;)

I've got a report recently about a user that had problems with the mission and was running SLMOD as well, check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4098127&postcount=351

It had the same symptoms, no marks on map and AI not spawining/moving.

As a good practice rule, when there are problems with the mission please attach the dcs log :thumbup:

Hopefully the same fix of the post above can help you.

I experienced non-aggressive AI flights when hosting the mission on DCS Dedicated Server Beta. Leonardo told me this bug was related to the dedicated server. But I didn't experience the issue you're talking about: blue units were there and succeeded in capturing all bases.

hi Flappie, actually those are two differents problems.

mightyseaking is most probably facing a problem with SLMOD, not the mission.

what you are referring to is a different matter and appears to be indeed a DCS bug, this is the thing:

when you create a mission with AI wingmen (not AI flights, but wingmen) and then host it yourself everything will be fine.

but when you host the same mission with AI wingmen on a multiplayer server the AI wingmen will not even taxi, takeoff neither respond to radio commands. They simply freeze. ;)

As a general rule, if you host a mission on a system with a mod and have problems, and then host the same mission on a system without the mod and it runs fine then, by Occam's razor, the issue is in the mod ;)

I've got a report recently about a user that had problems with the mission and was running SLMOD as well, check here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4098127&postcount=351

It had the same symptoms, no marks on map and AI not spawining/moving.

As a good practice rule, when there are problems with the mission please attach the dcs log :thumbup:

Hopefully the same fix of the post above can help you.

Disabled the Mod and tested again still the same, so it seems that its something to do with dedicated server

Oh, I see.

But this was not the problem I was having at all. My issue was about non-aggressive red fighters. They flew around a lot, but barely threw missiles at us (human players were all on the blue side).

I've seen in the mission editor that their skill was set to 'Random', but really, a tiny portion of them chased us that night. I haven't replayed it yet. I'll let you know.

EDIT: doh.gifMy bad, this didn't happen with your mission, leonardo.

Edited by Flappie

Oh, I see.

But this was not the problem I was having at all. My issue was about non-aggressive red fighters. They flew around a lot, but barely threw missiles at us (human players were all on the blue side).

I've seen in the mission editor that their skill was set to 'Random', but really, a tiny portion of them chased us that night. I haven't replayed it yet. I'll let you know.

ah I see.

generally red airborne units will engage any aircraft flying in the sukhumi airbase area (regardless of their skill), there's a fairly large engagement area there. they will not engage units further south, e.g. if you stay in the Gali area they will give up ;)

ah I see.

generally red airborne units will engage any aircraft flying in the sukhumi airbase area (regardless of their skill), there's a fairly large engagement area there. they will not engage units further south, e.g. if you stay in the Gali area they will give up ;)

doh.gifMy bad, this didn't happen with your mission, leonardo. I was talking about this one, from Surrexen.

this is good stuff leonardo! an excellent mission. very well done.

no big deal if not, but any chance you are planning to add the Admiral K for 'red' carrier ops? It's awesome you included the Su-33 at Sochi, just figured i'd see if the Russian carrier is in the cards eventually?! :D

Thanks again for this mission!

this is good stuff leonardo! an excellent mission. very well done.

no big deal if not, but any chance you are planning to add the Admiral K for 'red' carrier ops? It's awesome you included the Su-33 at Sochi, just figured i'd see if the Russian carrier is in the cards eventually?! :D

Thanks again for this mission!

glad you enjoy it! ;)

the initial version had the Kuz a some miles to the N of Sochi.

I can add it without problems.

Probably the next update will come out when the JF-17 will be released ;)

• 3 weeks later...

VERY interesting.

Can't try this yet, but does it save the state of mission at the end of each flight?

If so, I think this is JUST what I've been looking for.

I've been waiting ages for a system to log flights and destruction at the end of missions. I don't see a dynamic campaign coming to fruition until ED get their system in place, but if it's like F-16 Combat pilots where you fly missions and attrition is counted for future flights that would be GREAT!

• 1 month later...

@leonardo_c, I noticed that you are initializing the FACs as BLUE_FAC_POINTER=1651 and BLUE_FAC_AXEMAN=1652 in Caucasus_Pendulum.lua, but the mission briefing has the laser codes the other way around (POINTER=1652, AXEMAN=1651).

BTW, love this mission! :)

@leonardo_c, I noticed that you are initializing the FACs as BLUE_FAC_POINTER=1651 and BLUE_FAC_AXEMAN=1652 in Caucasus_Pendulum.lua, but the mission briefing has the laser codes the other way around (POINTER=1652, AXEMAN=1651).

BTW, love this mission! :)

ops, definitely a typo and will fix it soon.

or better put, I'll fix it as soon as I'll be able to allocate some DCS time.

glad you like the mission:thumbup: