Set frequency changes player's preset

Reflected

I think I found a bug that is a big obstacle for mission makers. Let's say channel 1 is 251, channel 2 is 252. In a mission you want the player to use different channels, but the flight needs to follow him, so you use the "set frequency" task.

With all planes it works like this: Set frequency to 252 task pushed -> flight changes frequency, player remains on channel 1, 251. So he needs to switch to channel 2 in order to communicate with his flight.

With the Tomcat, the set frequency task changes the preset of Ch1 on the ARC-182. This means that both ch1 and 2 will be tuned to 252. So if you ask Jester to switch to channel 1, the menu will say 251, but the frequency really is 252.

I hope this was clear, maybe not the most straightforward explanation :D Could you please have a look?

Here are some test missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251637

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Been doing some more testing: The "set frequency" command changes the frequency of whichever channel is selected on the ARC-182 radio of the player's Tomcat. So if channel 2 is selected when the command is performed, the channel 2 preset will be changed forever.

It would make my job as a mission maker much easier if it behaved like other aircraft, and this command didn't affect the player's Tomcat, only the wingmen.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...