[REPORTED]2.5.6 Update and placing aircraft on carrier

Badger633

I have a series of missions which have been impacted by today’s update. Before update it was possible to place an AI aircraft on cat 3 and the player on cat 4. The player then as in the real world waiting for the AI unit to take off first. After update the player is not allowed to be placed in cat 4 and is held out of the game until the AI unit has taken off. Can this be fixed pleased. Thanks.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Yes, after further testing even using new test missions the placing system is not working. It appears even if you just place yours and another AI aircraft on the stennis set for runway take off both aircraft will not be allowed into the game until the other aircraft has taken off. Even if you designate different places in the parking window. This has also impacted on previous track files when in replay crashing the game after a short period.

If I was you do not amend your missions as I am sure ED will sort this issue out.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I have a series of missions which have been impacted by today’s update. Before update it was possible to place an AI aircraft on cat 3 and the player on cat 4. The player then as in the real world waiting for the AI unit to take off first. After update the player is not allowed to be placed in cat 4 and is held out of the game until the AI unit has taken off. Can this be fixed pleased. Thanks.

Hey there Glyn

That’s exactly what happened to me after the latest update today. I created a mission which I was just about to Post in the User files and I have flown it many many times in testing and all was fine. I was launching off the “Waist” Cat after an Ai launches from the “Bow”. After the Update my AC is not visible on the Carrier at start of mission and only after a both Ai Hornets launch then I become visible but on the wrong Cat. It’s all very screwed up and even once been morphed into one of the other Ai Hornets as one of the image shows. The image from the cockpit is how it was before Update, myself on Waist Cat with Ai Hornet taking off from Bow and another Bow Ai Cat Hornet who takes off after me. The image with the Hornet taking off from the Bow and no AC in Waist Cat in the foreground is where I am supposed to be at mission start. I also tried to reposition the AC in ME but could not replicate my original mission AC placement on Stennis and is in PG map off the Coast of Ras Al Kaimah. Please ED fix this issue.

431EB05C-301C-48AE-8FE0-201495249858.thumb.png.59890e6b859cfa9f77010827d95c6b47.png

6E1041DA-8A9B-4627-A157-50A80C247F71.thumb.png.ad7b59a78448dd4d83e14f882330e3b4.png

5295B51D-8AD1-45FD-AA7B-0D5E7E5D62DA.thumb.jpeg.8348dfd55bfe15510c161d4c39edbe8b.jpeg

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Yes, after further testing even using new test missions the placing system is not working. It appears even if you just place yours and another AI aircraft on the stennis set for runway take off both aircraft will not be allowed into the game until the other aircraft has taken off. Even if you designate different places in the parking window. This has also impacted on previous track files when in replay crashing the game after a short period.

If I was you do not amend your missions as I am sure ED will sort this issue out.

I sure hope so and yes I had a few goes at a workaround but struck out. Oh well there are worse things man but I was so ready to post this one and recorded it too! Thanks for replying and I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one heh ;)

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I sure hope so and yes I had a few goes at a workaround but struck out. Oh well there are worse things man but I was so ready to post this one and recorded it too! Thanks for replying and I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one heh ;)

I opened a thread about this issue and was told they could not recreate the problem despite providing a track and video .

Mission editor since update does not allow to place an aircraft at a catapult of choosing from modes "Takeoff from ramp" or "takeoff from parking hot" . Only allows to choose catapult when selecting "Takeoff from Runway"... 9 out of 10 missions i have rely on spawning cold on a catapult other than the center of the carrier ... This is annoying .. old missions don't work , new ones can't be remade as the option is no longer there.

Edited by Tuomaspap

There is definitely an issue. I have two very detailed missions of a 10 part campaign ready for release that no longer work as a result of the issues I have set out above.

There is definitely an issue. I have two very detailed missions of a 10 part campaign ready for release that no longer work as a result of the issues I have set out above.

I feel you , i've been working on a smaller campaign of 5 missions that now are useless....

Same here. Before, when you placed the manned aircraft to Takeoff from Ramp (cold start), it gave you the parking spot option. Now, the parking spot option is gone and you can only select Takeoff from Runway, which is hot started on the cats.

• ED Team

Hi can you attach a mission where this happens I will ask the team to look at it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

HI Bignewy

So there is no confusion between old and new missions I have written a very simple mission which is attached and reflects the problem.

I have placed Stennis and then the player an F18 on Cat 4. Ran it, all good. I attach the track.

I then placed an AI tanker on cat 3. Normally you would expect to see the player on CAT 4 and the tanker on Cat 3 at the start of the mission. After the tanker on Cat 3 had taken off you could then also leave from Cat 4. Actually what happens now is that the player is held in the F10 view until the tanker takes off and leaves the area. I attach a track of this also.

I am in the throws of preparing a campaign for release with "Nineline". He has all 10 missions. Mission 1 is impacted and one other exactly for the behaviour as set out in the attached mission above.

I can send you this mission via drop box also if you require it but thought I would keep the example as simple as possible.

Thanks

Placing AC on carrier issue.miz

Just player onboard all ok .trk

tanker added player kept out .trk

BIGNEWY bless you man

Hi can you attach a mission where this happens I will ask the team to look at it.

thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY, very kind of you taking the time submitting this issue.

It’s very much appreciated.

:thumbup:

A workaround perhaps..

I've been too busy to scratch myself lately so my good friend Gierasimov had a look at this and sent me this mesg..

"Stennis is absolutely fine as long as you and AI are not TAKE OFF FROM RUNWAY at the same time. So to have AI flight take off and then you, workaround is to have either AI or yourself TAKEOFF FROM RAMP (HOT or COLD)"

Just thought I would post it and I will try it when I get hm from wk tonight/morn

Thanks for that but THE. STENNIS IS NOT ABSOLUTELY FINE. Yes as he points out it is a workaround but it is not right. Using his method you are not perched at the end of the cat but all the way back at the parking area. When building campaign missions off the carrier you want to create missions where there is an impression of a lot going and an intensity. Prior to 2.5.6 this could be created by having both the player and AI aircraft on the cats ready to go. You could then give verbal instructions for the player to hold and then instructions when the player can go. This creates an intensity that taxing from the other side of the carrier does not.

It still needs to be addressed. An alternative would be an option if the player could sit at end of cat but not engaged while waiting and not away in the parking area.

BigNewey can you confirm the issue has been passed on. As it does impact on mission building as set out above. Thanks

• ED Team
HI Bignewy

So there is no confusion between old and new missions I have written a very simple mission which is attached and reflects the problem.

I have placed Stennis and then the player an F18 on Cat 4. Ran it, all good. I attach the track.

I then placed an AI tanker on cat 3. Normally you would expect to see the player on CAT 4 and the tanker on Cat 3 at the start of the mission. After the tanker on Cat 3 had taken off you could then also leave from Cat 4. Actually what happens now is that the player is held in the F10 view until the tanker takes off and leaves the area. I attach a track of this also.

I am in the throws of preparing a campaign for release with "Nineline". He has all 10 missions. Mission 1 is impacted and one other exactly for the behaviour as set out in the attached mission above.

I can send you this mission via drop box also if you require it but thought I would keep the example as simple as possible.

Thanks

Thanks for the track and missions.

I will add it to the reports

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Todays 2.5.6 patch has not resolved this problem. Assume this is in the ED pipe line ?

Spawning of different flights at same time on stennis not possible

Sorry if this was reported before, I just couldn´t find any thread on this, I remember having read here, some people had this issue too:

When I place myself and another AI-flight on the stennis, I get F10-view when starting the mission and message "Sorry your flight is delayed" and my plane spawns only after the AI-flight has taken off, on the same catapult, even if I selected a different catapult for myself in mission editor.

Just want to bring to memory that this issue still persists.

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S