Communicating with Stennis for landing

Ickx

Hi,

How do the procedure look in DCS to land on a carrier? I used to be simple, call Stennis with intention to land and then request landing when flying close, I usually did it when flying parallell with hook down.

This seem to have changed and I don't understand or have been able to locate any documentation on what I need to do now to trigger more radio calls after approaching.

It cant be that difficult as there seem to be limited questions about it.

Thanks in advance.

It's a bit weird right now. In an update quite some time ago part of the new carrier comms being built for the Supercarrier module leaked into DCS World. Now, radio comms for landing on the carrier are half standard air base comms and half bugged Supercarier comms.

In a sense it's simpler right now: call inboud and that's all you have to do.

That's because the new comms are not really meant to be used, but some of them are in the game. There's no real way to trigger them.

You can trigger the "new" approach message by requesting Inbound two times. First time, you get the old one, second, the new. I'm using Voice Attack, I don't know if you can do it with normal comms.

Apart from that, nothing else is really consistent. I haven't gotten any other messages for months, after getting the LSO one or two times at random, months ago.

I bet we'll see it working properly when the Supercarrier arrives.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Zip-lip recoveries for me until the carrier module comes out. The comms are minimal IRL anyway. We launch aircraft as the recovery planes circle overhead. Once we shoot the last jet off the waist, the pilots head into the break. It's just a timing thing with the cycles (without me going too deep).

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Any known way to trigger the lights? For now it seems like I occasionally get the lights to turn on but mostly not. I have difficulty to lign up properly.

For CASE III at night? Contact the tower and at some point you'll be prompted to either request landing or your pilot will at some point (I think 3NM out) automatically announce that he's approaching and will get the all clear from the tower and the lights will turn on. Again, this works for me like that, but I'm using Voice Attack with VAICOM, so it may be different with vanilla DCS comms.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It's a bit weird right now. In an update quite some time ago part of the new carrier comms being built for the Supercarrier module leaked into DCS World. Now, radio comms for landing on the carrier are half standard air base comms and half bugged Supercarier comms.

Is that the "Marking moms" thing in a different voice? Every now and then I still hear the original request and/or the response but usually it's the new ones. I wasn't sure if that came from an update or from the Voice Attack stuff I was playing with.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2