Virtual toe brakes

DayGlow

Can someone explain how this works? I don't have the pedals and an interested in comparing them to other products.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

You don't achieve "virtual toe brakes", but "virtual differential brakes" * for planes that need toe brakes", e.g. F-5, P-51 (1).

* Differential brakes = Press "wheel brakes" (both) and move rudder bar for brake only right or left wheel.

How set T-Link software for achieve this "differential brakes": http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/T_Link_En.pdf

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3139#p31547

(1) Planes that don't use "toe brakes", e.g. Spitfire, LZ-39, Mig-15/21 don't need use T-Link, just set "wheel brakes" in game controls.

Edited by Sokol1_br

ok, so you have to hold down a mapped brake button, then move the rudder to only brake one or the other wheel?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

ok, so you have to hold down a mapped brake button, then move the rudder to only brake one or the other wheel?

That's it, yes.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 month later...

Yes, just press the joy button assigned in VKB T-Link software for "wheel brakes" and move the rudder bar for left. Plane rudder turn for left and brake in right wheel is canceled, thus only left wheel remain braked.

This behavior is how an e.g. Spitfire - IRL and in game (DCS World), brakes work.

T-Link software replicate this mechanism for planes that IRL and in game use "toe brakes", e.g. P-51.

Ok, and for planes that don't need it, like jets. I can assign brakes to a button and don't use the VKB software. I can get both brakes and still use right and left rudder independent of the brakes. Like in landing when I want max braking but need the rudder to stay straight.

Buzz