Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Is why I am just ignoring my flashing red light on the black box...stick still working..look away lol.

Tried reading the VKB forums and 'updating' the firmware etc. - ended up breaking the functionality of the stick entirely..so just reverted and thanked my lucky stars it still works.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... just WOW!

I've been following these forums and the VKB/VIRPIL forums daily since late February. I've been waiting to buy a VKB Gunfighter MCGPRO, and the throttle if it ever comes out. I have the VKB pedals and they're built like a tank..... but I have to say, I'm shocked by the lack of customer support on a product that carries a premium price.

I'm starting to rethink my purchase plans, plan B was a TM Warthog HOTAS with a VIRPIL Warbird base. More costly in the long run but there is a ton of community support for TM and VIRPIL is at least responsive to their customers.

Wow.... just WOW!

I've been following these forums and the VKB/VIRPIL forums daily since late February. I've been waiting to buy a VKB Gunfighter MCGPRO, and the throttle if it ever comes out. I have the VKB pedals and they're built like a tank..... but I have to say, I'm shocked by the lack of customer support on a product that carries a premium price.

I'm starting to rethink my purchase plans, plan B was a TM Warthog HOTAS with a VIRPIL Warbird base. More costly in the long run but there is a ton of community support for TM and VIRPIL is at least responsive to their customers.

VKB is a great device but certainly very hard to get one. Referring mainly to Gunfighter.

Throttle is very much on the back burner, certainly not this year.

Gunfighter - especially Gunfighter Pro with extension, is an incredible stick - love mine. Waited a year with it in box for the MCG Pro grip for it. The waiting can be very frustrating.

Check the VKB forums, I think support is fairly active there.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The problem here is not quality as it is very high but the customer support itself. Having a ticket open for 90+ days without reply from VKB on their own website is nuts.

I love my GF Pro, I use it for a year and a half now and I could not go back to a non modded Warthog stick. Saying that, I would never recommand VKB to someone because of the supply problem and limited customer support.

I had a problem once and I had a reply within 24 hours, it was last year. I suppose something has changed since then.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

The problem here is not quality as it is very high but the customer support itself. Having a ticket open for 90+ days without reply from VKB on their own website is nuts.

I love my GF Pro, I use it for a year and a half now and I could not go back to a non modded Warthog stick. Saying that, I would never recommand VKB to someone because of the supply problem and limited customer support.

I had a problem once and I had a reply within 24 hours, it was last year. I suppose something has changed since then.

Yeah that is very bad.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The problem here is not quality as it is very high but the customer support itself. Having a ticket open for 90+ days without reply from VKB on their own website

Please PM me with more information.

want to find your ticket and see what has happened.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Please PM me with more information.

want to find your ticket and see what has happened.

Hi AeroGator,

I'm not the one having a problem, Pudu is. His call for help was in the previous page

Is there another place I should be contacting VKB for service? I have a ticket which has been outstanding for 92 days and haven't had any acknowledgment that anyone besides rrohde (who has been exceedingly responsive but doesn't handle service) has seen it. I haven't received any reply to the pm's I've sent to AeroGato or UIV here on the VKB subforums.

Thanks for any guidance.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

PM me with full case story, incl ticket number and date, all your correspondence with rrohde, etc.

I can resend the private messages about this which I sent to you March 9, 2019, here on the DCS Forums, if that will be of any help.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

@Pudu, it is of course a shame your case hasn't been solved for such a long time. Pushing the dealer however would work better and faster.

I will try to pull some strings to re-activate what seems to have gone lethargic.

Also, hope this reminder helps.

Tech support can be requested by:

- Contacting the local dealer. Without this step everything comes to a halt. Even if all the dealer does is forwarding the request to us, this step cannot be skipped. Not getting reply from the dealer? - contact him again. He's not only getting his share by selling the devices that sell themselves; this is also part of his biz.

Same goes about Aliexpress. Buying from Aliexpress, even from a "VKB's direct outlet", is still buying from Aliexpress, who never feel shy about cutting off their pretty juicy share. Let them do something to earn this cash.

- In case there is no dealer in your location, or if you somehow bought from VKB directly, or you believe your case is so interesting that it should be shared with the community, or it is so unique it may be better answered by a community, please write on VKB domestic forum. There are some guidelines about what information one has to put forward when posting in Tech Support threads, it helps in getting the reply faster.

- That's it, folks! Yes, there are only two ways!

Leaving messages at other forums, even frequented by our personnel, does not pass as requesting tech support.

Pudu did everything right, but his case has been somehow forgotten in the drawer. We'll look into it.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Thanks AeroGator, I look forward to hearing from you.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this, when I discovered the problem I first contacted rrohde, the North American dealer for VKB products. He replied immediately - on a weekend - and instantly set up a support ticket. Much later, when I probed the support ticket thread for activity, again rrohde immediately replied to my message. As far as a dealer, rrohde is a joy to deal with and provides the best support that he is able to, given the structure of VKB's sales & support in North America. No one should have any reservations about doing business with him.

Pudu did everything right, but his case has been somehow forgotten in the drawer. We'll look into it.

The ticket that Pudu opened "hasn't been forgotten in the drawer", but has been waiting for him to continue since Sun, Mar 31 2019 at 10:50 AM... usually user-abandoned tickets indicate that the issue has been resolved by the user, yet the user didn't mark the ticket as resolved.

If an issues wasn't resolved, the ticket can be revisited by the user at any time to continue where we left off. Any new user action on the ticket triggers an automatic email for me to to take action as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks AeroGator, I look forward to hearing from you.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this, when I discovered the problem I first contacted rrohde, the North American dealer for VKB products. He replied immediately - on a weekend - and instantly set up a support ticket. Much later, when I probed the support ticket thread for activity, again rrohde immediately replied to my message. As far as a dealer, rrohde is a joy to deal with and provides the best support that he is able to, given the structure of VKB's sales & support in North America. No one should have any reservations about doing business with him.

Thanks for the kudos, Pudu. Greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The ticket that Pudu opened "hasn't been forgotten in the drawer", but has been waiting for him to continue since Sun, Mar 31 2019 at 10:50 AM... usually user-abandoned tickets indicate that the issue has been resolved by the user, yet the user didn't mark the ticket as resolved..

I'm not going to air this on the public forum, but this is totally inaccurate. Clearly there has been a mistake or miscommunication somewhere in the support structure on this particular issue.