Track IR just stops

Hi,

while playing DCS sometimes Track IR just freezes.

No Headtracking anymore. When im Atl+Tab out of DCS and open Track IR Software, the Camera is just freezed.

When i try to stop the Software i get Windows Error Message that theis PRogramm doesnt work anymore. When i restart Track IR then, DCS recognizes is only when i restart DCS.

First i thought thats a Track IR Problem, something weird on my installation. So i did a complete clean reinstall. (uninstall, clean up registry, new download of the Software).

But the same as before. It seems like if you Recenter Track IR multiple times it freezes.

I tried it with other Games like Falcon BMS and Arma 3 and never experienced a Track IR freeze.

Has anybody similar problems?

Hi,

while playing DCS sometimes Track IR just freezes.

No Headtracking anymore. When im Atl+Tab out of DCS and open Track IR Software, the Camera is just freezed.

When i try to stop the Software i get Windows Error Message that theis PRogramm doesnt work anymore. When i restart Track IR then, DCS recognizes is only when i restart DCS.

First i thought thats a Track IR Problem, something weird on my installation. So i did a complete clean reinstall. (uninstall, clean up registry, new download of the Software).

But the same as before. It seems like if you Recenter Track IR multiple times it freezes.

I tried it with other Games like Falcon BMS and Arma 3 and never experienced a Track IR freeze.

Has anybody similar problems?

Any messages from DCS, when this happens?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

No nothing.

Its like, you want to look to the right, head moves a bit and then just stops.

No messages nothing. Only if i kill the Track IR Process via Taskmanager i can restart Track IR, which is then no longer recognized by DCS (also no message inbetween).

Killing and retart Track IR process and then restart DCS is the only thing which helps.

which is rather annoying in the middle of a flight.

i will try to find steps to reproduce but no joy so far.

Sometimes i have a message that DCS cant recognise Track IR then a few milliseconds later the message that it found Track IR again.

But since one of the latest updates i didnt get that message again so i dont think thats the same error.

I tried v 4 and 5 of trackir software , I went back to 4 because it just works (and uses less CPU cycles)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

No nothing.

Its like, you want to look to the right, head moves a bit and then just stops.

No messages nothing. Only if i kill the Track IR Process via Taskmanager i can restart Track IR, which is then no longer recognized by DCS (also no message inbetween).

Killing and retart Track IR process and then restart DCS is the only thing which helps.

which is rather annoying in the middle of a flight.

i will try to find steps to reproduce but no joy so far.

Sometimes i have a message that DCS cant recognise Track IR then a few milliseconds later the message that it found Track IR again.

But since one of the latest updates i didnt get that message again so i dont think thats the same error.

The reason I was asking about DCS messages was that some folks had an issue where TIR kept disconnecting and it had something to do with Windows power management. I've been looking for the thread but haven't been able to come up with it. There was a fix described. It may or may not have anything to do with your situation but if someone can point to the thread, it could be of some help.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The reason I was asking about DCS messages was that some folks had an issue where TIR kept disconnecting and it had something to do with Windows power management. I've been looking for the thread but haven't been able to come up with it. There was a fix described. It may or may not have anything to do with your situation but if someone can point to the thread, it could be of some help.

I'm suffering from such a problem. DCS sometimes tells me that my TIR has been unplugged, and the status LED that lights up when TIR is connected to a game goes off. I have to restart DCS when that happens which is pretty anoying. TIR itself continues working, is just isn't connected to DCS anymore untill I restart the game.

I haven't found a solution yet. :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Using older Versions of a Software isnt a solution thats a workaround.

There are no problems with any other software so it might be interesting to fix the issue.

No worries dude, guess you won't want a download link that I have for version 5.2.2 then

I'm suffering from such a problem. DCS sometimes tells me that my TIR has been unplugged, and the status LED that lights up when TIR is connected to a game goes off. I have to restart DCS when that happens which is pretty anoying. TIR itself continues working, is just isn't connected to DCS anymore untill I restart the game.

The solution's been posted. I just can't find the darned thread it was in.

EDIT: Finally found the post. May or may not be helpful: TrackIR unplugged message

Edited by Ironhand

_____

The solution's been posted. I just can't find the darned thread it was in.

EDIT: Finally found the post. May or may not be helpful: TrackIR unplugged message

Thanks, I might give give it a try, although I want my other USB devices to be enabled for power saving functions.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think one of those USB selective PowerSaving threads was by me.

Anyway, this screenshot shows you what to check and set in 7 8 or 10, same for all.

I only had this issue once when I upgraded and installed an older version of TiR5. Once I updated it the problem went away.

Still, disabling USB PowerSavings is no bad idea for a Simmers Rig ;)

Also, if you are technically unafraid, win-raid.com has superb support ( orig. vendor files ) for USB. I can highly recommend to invest an hour there and read the forum section regarding USB drivers and such. Cured a few hiccups I had with various PC's.

Thing is, your MB vendor will likely not provide newest or newer updates to USB often ( ASMedia, NEC etc.. ). This site offers the original chipmakers drivers with multiple install routine options and helptext usually. Worth every minute you spend there.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.b3ddd5c68ecf56231232adb6e509ada1.JPG

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

No in my case its not a USB Powermanagement thing.

The Lights on the Camera are still working it just freezes.

For the one how asked for Power Settings:

Access Power Options (e.g., by typing ‘Power Options’ in the search bar of Control Panel) Click on ‘Change power plan settings’ on the power plan that is being used (has a bullet ticked) Click change ‘Advanced power settings In popup box, double click on USB settings and on USB selective suspend, then click on ‘Enabled’ and change to ‘Disabled.

Works for everything you have plugged in. I had some problems with the Thrustmaster MFDs in the past because of that.

A Download Link would be nice to an older TIR Version, to have a workaround.

But the promise that this issue will be fixed would be way better.

I have V. 5.4.1 and it also happens to me. But only in DCS 2.1.1

I had also problems in DCS 2.x, seems like they merged something back into the Release Branch which is responsible for this problems.

Edited by Delareon

Out of curiosity, are you using USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ?

TrackIR has compatibility issues with USB 3.0.

I personally used my TrackIR only on USB 2.0, through an unpowered usb 2.0 hub with on/off buttons without any issues (4 years), I'd unplug it throught the hub's on/off button when not in use.

I've been using the latest s/w version all the time, no issues there.

Before this one I had plugged my previous TIR5 on a USB3.0 hub and it just fried.. dead camera, I sent it back to Natural Point and got a new one.

Edited by PiedDroit

Thanks for all the tips guys, but Delareon has a point there. TIR keeps working in my case as well, it just disconnects from the game, which makes me think that this is rather a DCS issue than some power managament issue. I don't expierience this in other games and I think this problem started around the time when ED introduced hot pluggin.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for all the tips guys, but Delareon has a point there. TIR keeps working in my case as well, it just disconnects from the game, which makes me think that this is rather a DCS issue than some power managament issue. I don't expierience this in other games and I think this problem started around the time when ED introduced hot pluggin.

FWIW, I'd like to mention that I had had a similar issue, though in my case, I'd get an: "TIR has unplugged" message or something like that. When it happened, TIR would stop responding in the game even though all the lights remained lit. Following the instruction in the post I linked to resolved the issue for me.

_____

FWIW, I'd like to mention that I had had a similar issue, though in my case, I'd get an: "TIR has unplugged" message or something like that. When it happened, TIR would stop responding in the game even though all the lights remained lit. Following the instruction in the post I linked to resolved the issue for me.

Alright, thanks, that's exactly the same issue I have. In that case I will try to figure out which USB Root Hub controlls which USB port, so i don't have to disable power management for my other devices which don't have any problems with it.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Using older Versions of a Software isnt a solution thats a workaround.

There are no problems with any other software so it might be interesting to fix the issue.

No in my case its not a USB Powermanagement thing.

The Lights on the Camera are still working it just freezes.

For the one how asked for Power Settings:

Access Power Options (e.g., by typing ‘Power Options’ in the search bar of Control Panel) Click on ‘Change power plan settings’ on the power plan that is being used (has a bullet ticked) Click change ‘Advanced power settings In popup box, double click on USB settings and on USB selective suspend, then click on ‘Enabled’ and change to ‘Disabled.

Works for everything you have plugged in. I had some problems with the Thrustmaster MFDs in the past because of that.

A Download Link would be nice to an older TIR Version, to have a workaround.

But the promise that this issue will be fixed would be way better.

I had also problems in DCS 2.x, seems like they merged something back into the Release Branch which is responsible for this problems.

Getting some mixed messages , so do you now want a work around ?