Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Yet you're the one stating ED did it all wrong and calling for changes to the mission. Seems legit.

Sigh... OK ignoring and moving on.

I really think there needs to be some change for balance in the mission given how many people are flying the mirage and the Flankers abilities in comparison to the F15 and Mirage. I think the general consensus was that people want to see the flanker with a test using the Datalink?

I really think there needs to be some change for balance in the mission given how many people are flying the mirage and the Flankers abilities in comparison to the F15 and Mirage. I think the general consensus was that people want to see the flanker with a test using the Datalink?

Well 2 or 3 apparently, i've heard this request many times on BF. If aborted man knew anything of the history of Flanker DL he'd know all about the bugs it has suffered with hundreds of false contacts littering the screen making it pointless and a hindrance, hence why servers switched it off.

Well, now it works again thanks to ED so lets bring it back.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Give DataLink to the Su27 and you have the same exact problem with the Mirage, but now with the Su27...except one side will start complaining.

Give DataLink to the Su27 and you have the same exact problem with the Mirage, but now with the Su27...except one side will start complaining.

I don't think so. At least, not in my opinion. The Flanker needs something. SA is probably the easiest thing to add. If you look at the modules that are being flown live right now on BF its 9 M2000, 2 F15, and 1 Flanker. That doesn't tell you that something needs to be changed? Everyone that I talked to, on both blue and red, says they don't fly it because its a FM, they fly it because it gives them an advantage. The 530D is better, SA is better, and refueling is way faster.

By the way, Im all for changing something for the Eagle as well to get more people into it, I just don't know what.

That is impossible to know right now, nobody knows how effective dl is in blue flag, it's not an all seeing eye and is certainly not a BVR winning tool. The expanse and variation of the map will have so many blind areas leading dl users into a false sense of security.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Would like to see how adding ERs would change the balance, personally think Red will dominate if they do but no harm in trying.

Alternatively wouldn't mind seeing red getting their ETs back either, as they'll be limited to two.

ER I may be able to see if you can put a restriction on how many can be carried. The ET I think is too good and will cause more issues than it fixes.

I really think fixing the fueling for the big fighters and adding DL to the Flanker will improve balance of the Fighter v Fighter picture.

Flankers are always getting the rough deal.

Full payload - facing AIM-120C

80s payload - always being downgraded to 27R<AIM7<530D

ED - only fighter jet that breaks wings and stabilisers

BF - only aircraft to have systems disabled

Someone please make Flankers great again. :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Flankers are always getting the rough deal.

Full payload - facing AIM-120C

80s payload - always being downgraded to 27R<AIM7<530D

ED - only fighter jet that breaks wings and stabilisers

BF - only aircraft to have systems disabled

Someone please make Flankers great again. :)

I think I broke a Mirage today while diving from 40,000ft on a another mirage. After I killed him I turned off and broke apart. The replay showed no missiles incoming.

Su27 sure is weak though. Yesterday I used rudder while rolling during high speed and I will never do that again. The rudder input snapped the vertical stabs off :cry:

I think I broke a Mirage today while diving from 40,000ft on a another mirage. After I killed him I turned off and broke apart. The replay showed no missiles incoming.

Su27 sure is weak though. Yesterday I used rudder while rolling during high speed and I will never do that again. The rudder input snapped the vertical stabs off :cry:

I had heard somewhere that this was now modeled. Don't remember where or when, but I seem to remember this being a thing.

improve balance of the Fighter v Fighter picture.

I often question what is really being asked here in this thread...a lot of you here are calling for balance...

Everyone on both teams choose to fly Mirage and gets on, literally, a balanced playing field across the board and everyone starts complaining again.

You guys do know once you give Red/Su27 anything that is not standard to balance and or the current rule set and everyone else is going to start complaining, right?

I had heard somewhere that this was now modeled. Don't remember where or when, but I seem to remember this being a thing.

I think it has always been in to some extend...I remember way back when the Mirage was only a couple months old I played around with the flightmodel using a fully fueled and armed Mirage, flipped the switch and pulled, I pulled 90° AOA and snapped the right wing off...

Certainly nothing was shooting at me since I was on an empty map all by myself.

Also, on the D2M system, since it´s attached to the Magic Pylon, I thought they didn´t add the old Magic Pylons in for us to choose? I can only select on Magic missle type per pylon and unless you can just break it using random system failures, I don´t know how to turn it off.

And I thought the Flanker fighter2fighter datalink doesn´t work in MP between clients? Even in custom servers I´ve never seen it work, and I never heard it working in conjunction with ground radar, only with AWACs...

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I often question what is really being asked here in this thread...a lot of you here are calling for balance...

Everyone on both teams choose to fly Mirage and gets on, literally, a balanced playing field across the board and everyone starts complaining again.

You guys do know once you give Red/Su27 anything that is not standard to balance and or the current rule set and everyone else is going to start complaining, right?

This entire server does not revolve around the Mirage. Some people don't have it, choose not to fly it, etc. Just because its on both sides does not mean its an even playing field for A2A. In most games, since you and I talked about MMO's you can use that as an example, if something is overpowered, people make changes to balance a server. Yes most of the time those changes are from devs, but that does not mean that the guys here at 373/BF can't make changes to balance things for this server specifically.

Things get really stale when its just M2000 vs M2000 all the time and that is what it is now. Also, balance is something that is ongoing. In any game you play, Counter strike etc. there are on going changes to weapons and balance. If something is over used changes are made to balance the game and the environment. If DL doesn't help, take it out. All we want to do is try new things to see what it does to the environment.

By the way, DL is STANDARD equipment for the Flanker. It was taken out originally in BF because it was broken. ED fixed it. Even 104th is letting the Flanker use DL now. We are not, and not advocating, for adding anything the Flanker does not have as standard equipment. If you don't want non-standard things to be in the sim than take away the M2000C D2M pod as it was only ever designed for the D variant and has never been deployed on a C.

Edited by M0ltar

I think it has always been in to some extend...I remember way back when the Mirage was only a couple months old I played around with the flightmodel using a fully fueled and armed Mirage, flipped the switch and pulled, I pulled 90° AOA and snapped the right wing off...

Certainly nothing was shooting at me since I was on an empty map all by myself.

Also, on the D2M system, since it´s attached to the Magic Pylon, I thought they didn´t add the old Magic Pylons in for us to choose? I can only select on Magic missle type per pylon and unless you can just break it using random system failures, I don´t know how to turn it off.

And I thought the Flanker fighter2fighter datalink doesn´t work in MP between clients? Even in custom servers I´ve never seen it work, and I never heard it working in conjunction with ground radar, only with AWACs...

The Flankers DL in the sim, not sure about real life, is connected to AWACS and GCI. Its not a true fighter2fighter DL system. Here in BF it would get info from the EWRs.

Edited by M0ltar

The Mirage can break for quite some time. Guaranteed since 3 months, because I broke one 3 months ago during testing.

And with mach number they can break since I can think of it.

But yeah didnt have IAS limitation allways. But its truely pretty hard to break. Like reaaaaly hard. But its there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Is spectator mode still a thing?

Another potential bug report:

Delivered fuel/repair crate to Sochi, which was 0% under blue control. Reported crate delivered, still 0%. Fuel bunkers were present, but did not appear to be part of any triggers. Enemy Mi8 landed troops and blue troops engaged (apparently the closed base defense had been activated some time previously, and maybe repair crates won't work when base defenders are out?).

Is spectator mode still a thing?

Another potential bug report:

Delivered fuel/repair crate to Sochi, which was 0% under blue control. Reported crate delivered, still 0%. Fuel bunkers were present, but did not appear to be part of any triggers. Enemy Mi8 landed troops and blue troops engaged (apparently the closed base defense had been activated some time previously, and maybe repair crates won't work when base defenders are out?).

I'm pretty sure spectator was removed. That's what people were saying when I was on earlier.

The Flankers DL in the sim, not sure about real life, is connected to AWACS and GCI. Its not a true fighter2fighter DL system. Here in BF it would get info from the EWRs.

In Singleplayer missions it works as intended, giving you Radar information of your entire flight.

It even has specific symbology to differentiate your own, and your buddies contacts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

In Singleplayer missions it works as intended, giving you Radar information of your entire flight.

It even has specific symbology to differentiate your own, and your buddies contacts.

It's the same in multiplayer, symbology and everythinf. I just don't think it actually shares with a wingman. I think you see what awacs sees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not modeled for fighter2fighter.

Ok me old chum even though you have everything at your disposal to test this I've done it for you.

The Su27 has a 240 knot and 6500ft advantage over the Mirage, I've set it up so the Mirage and Flanker don't crank just continue forward to show only missile performance.

Sorry I had work... ya know, in order to pay for the F-14, F-18 and Night Attack, and maybe some food and rent in there somewhere too. I dled the track and will look at it later. I think, obviously, things got off the rails and after catching up on the after math, my initial point was; knowing a mach 3.5 missile cannot beat a head to head engagement with a mach 4.5 missile, why is every one upset when the they loose the head to head engagement? And I don't mean this in a rhetorical way, I'm asking why? Also, I thought you were arguing for the inclusion of the ER? If not, why are you and I even debating this? I think frankly we agree on data-link and agree on the ER, although it looks, as some one else said, data-link from fighter to fighter is unavailable in MP, which i don't wholly understand as there are several other similar systems that work fine in MP.

Edited by Pheonix0869

It's the same in multiplayer, symbology and everythinf. I just don't think it actually shares with a wingman. I think you see what awacs sees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not modeled for fighter2fighter.

The video specifically shows the fighter to fighter capability...there is no AWACs in that example.

Only works with AI wingman for whatever reason.

Apart from AWACs, there is a ground Radar unit that also works with it. Could be used to replace the current ones and 27s would have DL with them.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe