Stuttering is still a big issue in the new patch 1.5.7.8899.335

"Also, let's not forget that some of us do not have the time to search the forums and fiddle with different settings/fixes."

Unfortunately, it goes with the territory. I have been at this for about 9 years, and I spend much more time reading through the forums when I would actually prefer to just fly. I am partial to blame on that because I use Helios, and there are typically issues when there are updates. Work in progress,,, wait till the Hornet shows up,,,, OH BOY!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Agree with Fakum. Fiddling and reading the forums is part of the deal here. If you don't have time for it, you're playing the wrong game.

I personally don't have any significant stuttering since I switched to an SSD a year or two ago. Pretty much solved all my problems. I run maximum settings with fairly stable FPS around 40, depending on circumstances and how much external post processing I use.

The biggest help for stable FPS (as well as a boost) I've had in recent years was completely disabling in-game anti-aliasing. It was causing a tremendous slow down for me and erratic framerates. I switched to using Nvidia AA and the problem went away.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

This was the 1st thread I came across during my search. I stopped flying DCS about 6 months ago, and I was flying nice and smooth on my now older gaming rig, I have since built a new rig and set all my settings to what the other gaming rig is set for. Although the frame rates are about the same as on my older PC, averaging about 40-60 FPS with Helios running, I am getting the same frame rates on my new gaming rig, but its very non fluid, jerky, choppy, whatever you want to call it? Now I cant run DCS on my older PC to make a comparison, but its is a VERY noticeable annoyance compared to what ever version of 1.5 I was running about 6 months ago. I will continue to search for answers though,,, must be something I can do to cut down on this jerky stuttering?
Can you share your system spec?

SSD helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Mu specs have always been in my sig at the bottom,,, see below. Been running SSD in both old and new pc

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Mu specs have always been in my sig at the bottom,,, see below. Been running SSD in both old and new pc
Have you tried to install DCS on your SSD then? Or You just saying You have one but there is only system on it? I had stutters exactly as you described (maybe not every 3 seconds but once per minute) on HDD, reinstalled DCS on my SSD and stutters gone.

My spec:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / MSI Z87-G43 Gaming / Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3,40 GHz / 16 GB RAM / Palit GeForce GTX770 JetStream 2GB vRAM / SSD 240GB GoodRam Iridium Pro SSDPR-IRIDPRO-240 2.5" SATA III / 2x HDDs / Creative SB X-Fi Audio / TrackIR4 / TM Warthog HOTAS w/Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Edited by Poko24

Iam running my DCS World installation on an SSD and still get these stutters

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I have only 1 SSD drive that everything is on, just like the gaming rig I just replaced that ran smooth.

Iam running my DCS World installation on an SSD and still get these stutters
Hmm... Let me think. However I made one difference while reinstalling DCS (No idea if it's related in anyway. It shoudn't make any difference) - on SSD I installed "Open Beta" (not "Release Version" like I did on HDD) and then switched to release using updater.

I've had a similar issue in VR - not flown DCS World for a couple of months and just started again and the micro-stuttering I get is only during head movement. The gauges, in particular, look awful and are impossible to read unless my head is perfectly still.

This may be a different issue, but it also was definitely not there before I updated to the latest version of both 1.5.7 release and 2.1 alpha.

Strange thing is, today I did a mission in the Huey at NTTR and it looked really bad, but I had to adjust some controls and flipped between the various screens when the active screen was not DCS World and I couldn't control it (in VR, remember).

When I Alt-tabbed to DCS World and resumed the flight, all the micro-stuttering had gone and the image was as clear as it had been in the past. That lasted for the remainder of the mission.

I then started a new mission in Normandy with the P-51D and the micro stuttering was back.

Weird.

I've made a recording of the issue - I will upload it tomorrow.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Interesting,,, thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, the stuttering is difficult to see in the recording - but I will keep trying and will post if I find out what it was that made it disappear temporarily.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 2 weeks later...

I did some more testing and concur with what an earlier poster wrote - in VR, switching to Oculus Home as the active window for a few seconds, then back to DCS World mostly fixes the issue. I say "mostly" because there is still a little stutter, but I would say it is minor, and definitely not vomit-inducing like the stutter is to start with.

Edit - just checked through the thread and can't find that post, so it may be one on another forum - nevertheless, it does work.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides