Not possible to setup FAC or JTAC

Hi,

as you can read in this Thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195883

i try to setup a Mission with a FAC. Just to learn Missionbuilder.

But it wont work.

If i setup the FAC as described in many Tutorial Videos and by many people via Advanced Waypoint Actions it wont work.

I get no JTAC or FAC Option when im starting the Mission and try to contact him.

Also if i provide someone with my Mission he says there is no Callsign and no Frequency in the Advanced Waypoint ACtion. Well its not possible to set no Callsign because at least Axeman is default.

Then i get a Mission from the Member which helps me out (thanks again to him).

If i start his Mission, it works like a charm.

But when i open his Mission in the Editor, there is no Advanced Waypont Action at all.

The only difference i can see is that iam using the German Version.

I will provide you with both Missions.

02-FAC is created by me and doesnt work but looks correct in the Editor

The other works but is a mistery in the Editor.

02-FAC.miz

JTAC or FAC test for A-10C.miz

Could it be related to the fact you use the German version? as stated here:

Only difference i can see so far is that im using the german version/translation of DCS.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I`m sure it has nothing to do with the translation. I use the german version because it was installed as default. Perhaps because of my system language.

This is the way I do it:

Set a vehicle,Choose a waypoint where action should happen, make it invisible, weapons hold, FAC, FAC Gruppe angreifen (german text in mine and your version).

Never any problem.

Soll ich eine Mission schicken ???

• Like 1

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

short German answer:

Danke das wär nett, dann finde ich vielleicht meinen Fehler.

Hopefully its just a user error, can you also try to open the Testmissions i provided and check if you can see any Waypoint Actions?

Hier eine Mission zum üben. JTACs sind Axeman und Hammer.

Aktionen an verschiedenen Waypoints.

# 4 JTAC.miz

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi,

Dein Fehler liegt darin, dass Du die Aktionen unter Triggered Actions aufgebaut hast

Bei dem Beispiel von ex81 und der anderen Mission -> Route/WP

DCS Manual

Triggered Actions mode

The Triggered Actions button opens the Triggered Actions Panel. This panel can be used to add or edit group actions analogous to the Advanced Actions Panel, but activated based on trigger rules as scripted in the Triggers Menu using the AI TASK trigger action

• Like 2

Good catch, I did not even think of that when I look at his mission.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..