A way to turn off some external views but allow others

Drexx

I need a way to turn off some external views but allow others. most specifically the 'F12 Static object view' option because I have command centers at each base for each side, to allow slingloading to happen for either side. People are clicking on these static objects, pressing f12 and getting intel they should have otherwise (mouselook, zoom)...

Turning off the external views complete is a non-option, the many people that play on my server value the added fun it adds, I just need some more granular control of it

Edited by Drexx
  • Like 1

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 2 weeks later...

I guess everyone likes to cheat by selecting a FARP pad that they don't own (but was placed down as the opposite side initially), pressing f12 and spy on the base to see whats there....... I have a serious problem of people doing this on my server.

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

+1 options are always a good thing in my mind

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If you check the tickbox "Hide on map" than people will not be able to click them unless they are in line of sight IIRC, does that help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo