Status label

ActionMav

Sorry for this newby question but I was wondering if there is an option in DCS like it is in FSX which has someting like a status bar/label which gives a feedback when pressing a control button.

For example: I press "g" and than somewhere appears a bar or label which says "gear down".

I couldn`t find it in my options. Thanks for your help.

ActionMav

That kind of status device is a little redundant within a fully functioning advanced system model cockpit.

You have gear indicator lights to tell you the status of your landing gear, flap position indicators (when fitted) and multiple indications from HUDs, cockpit instruments, bitchin betties and many other cues.

The fundamental question should be whether you want realism, or just another "game".

One approach of course would be to have the option to include the kind of status bar you talk about via the options menu, just like we have simple comms, and a game style flight model. The problem is, there are an increasing number of 3rd parties involved in module implementation, and that would require yet more work from all of them too, so it isn't really a practical proposition, or even a priority - I personally would prefer more modules, not time spent on dumbing down what we have.

When you press "g", you currently see the indicator lights change, you hear the sound of the gear coming up, and you feel the difference in the flight parameters by way of pitch change, and drag reduction. Isn't that enough?