Red Flag Rumble - Mig21 vs F5 - Round 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing GCI for about 20 players and speaking loud for 2 hours felt like screaming while giving birth to a fat kiddo! Not that I know how that feels like but that must be it. So I learned something after all.

Hope I was some help to them MiG-21's out there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hep thx, just with our tactics could not use radar so that was a throwback

For menas going low iz not the way to win in mig-21 most my kills come from r3r from high above than when they dont hit bandit is lower and finish with r60m cause mig 21 will never outturn f5 nor in real life ( russian did testing with one f5 they laid hands on) nor in dcs. As for me we should have flown high used are radars upside down to trak with speed fired all are missiles and retreated as the 1.run of f5 would not have any ground wepons anyway. But thats me dont blame. Mig 21 has its advantages and they ar not in the merge on the deck with f5. But had fun thx guys;)

Thanks 104th for another awesome event! I had a blast! And thank you Alpenwolf for doing GCI. For myself, I can say that it is my lack of playing a fighter role that led to my early demise. 104th_Maverick is talented for sure, but when a kill just flops into your lap... I'd take it too!

After the call "Bandit on yer 6" I rolled right and lit the stove. I probably got the attention of all inbound IR ordinance at that moment. :doh: sitting at home in my chair I could've bought more g's but I was thinking of conserving energy so close to the deck.

All jesting aside it was a good kill Mav! I'll see you again. :thumbup:

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

• ED Translators
Doing GCI for about 20 players and speaking loud for 2 hours felt like screaming while giving birth to a fat kiddo! Not that I know how that feels like but that must be it. So I learned something after all.

Well you did call out a missile launch for me and I evaded it :D

We didn't have proper plan or training and its good that you understood our general idea and tried to form guys for it. Not everybody did comply though :)

It would be definitely harder without you. :thumbup:

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Translators
Hep thx, just with our tactics could not use radar so that was a throwback

For menas going low iz not the way to win in mig-21 most my kills come from r3r from high above than when they dont hit bandit is lower and finish with r60m cause mig 21 will never outturn f5 nor in real life ( russian did testing with one f5 they laid hands on) nor in dcs. As for me we should have flown high used are radars upside down to trak with speed fired all are missiles and retreated as the 1.run of f5 would not have any ground wepons anyway. But thats me dont blame. Mig 21 has its advantages and they ar not in the merge on the deck with f5. But had fun thx guys;)

Don't forget that we didn't gather together before match to train something more advanced. And doing at least something coordinated is better than split and do different things...

Its easy for you alone to get those R3R high altitude kills, but think about managing 20 guys (most of them gathered first time with each other). I would agree with you if we would have organised some training with at least 10 pilots week before event and train something specific. But in that mess we had to do something easier so all guys would drag along.. and even in that simple thing I heard that at least 6 guys went on their own..

AKA LazzySeal

.avi or it didn't happen!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

You did a good job Alpen. Thanks!

So.. it wasn't streamed?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Please Mav, let the MIG-21 use everything in A2G ordnance but nuclear, I have been testing all bombs and rockets againsts the units of the previous mission, and they do almost nothing to the ground units but the R-24A, is the only that works!

The rockets S-5 had to almost launch all of them (96) to destroy ONE UNIT! :D and I talking of BRDM units, not tanks!

Sorry but youre doing it wrong mate :)

Accurate S5-salvos will destroy even the tanks at point blank range, and shilkas from a bit safer range. The gun is adequate for the other non threatening soft targets, you only need very short bursts.

Sorry but youre doing it wrong mate :)

Accurate S5-salvos will destroy even the tanks at point blank range, and shilkas from a bit safer range. The gun is adequate for the other non threatening soft targets, you only need very short bursts.

Yeah I realized it, thats why I corrected the way I run to targets with rockets!

Sorry I was all up in your grill chasing that Mig! Lol there were 4 of us tripping over each other

Ha! I was so focussed on the bandit that I somehow didn't even see you guys coming in until it was all over. :)

My main lesson from the event is that I need to talk to GCI way more - I had been chasing that bandit for quite a while waiting for a solid visual id before firing and a question over comms would have made the kill a lot quicker and safer.

Ha! I was so focussed on the bandit that I somehow didn't even see you guys coming in until it was all over. :)

My main lesson from the event is that I need to talk to GCI way more - I had been chasing that bandit for quite a while waiting for a solid visual id before firing and a question over comms would have made the kill a lot quicker and safer.

I thought you were chasing the one in front of him so when he started to turn I followed got tone, uncaged my seeker and waited for a better angle to shoot... My missile left the rail right as Moose popped into my view and I had no Idea you were under my nose... that one was very messy but luckily only the red guy got hit.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"