No official skin template for the Dora?

birkenmoped

There is currently no official skin template for the Fw 190 D-9?

Can't find the template on: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/texture_templates/

Wow... found this threads from 01-25-2014 requesting a official template, from 26-08-2014 where user "Maler" providing a "non official" template and this thread from 02-16-2018 still requesting a official template because the non official template is outdated since DCS 2.5?!

No love for the Dora? That's sounds ridiculous....

Edited by birkenmoped
  • Like 2

Yeah. We have templates for the B-17 but not the Dora. It's been four years since release and still nothing. Either they forgot about it or they simply do not care.

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's coming up on three years since last time I posted in this thread. At this point I don't even care about the template. A mere response from Eagle Dynamics would suffice.

• Like 3

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

23 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

It's coming up on three years since last time I posted in this thread. At this point I don't even care about the template. A mere response from Eagle Dynamics would suffice.

Not responding for years after years of people asking is their subtle way of telling us "No"... or rather a less friendly worded variant of No, given ignoring ones question is seen as rather rude by some people. 

• Like 3

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

14 hours ago, MrExplosion said:

Not responding for years after years of people asking is their subtle way of telling us "No"... or rather a less friendly worded variant of No, given ignoring ones question is seen as rather rude by some people. 

I think they wont release a skin template until the new external model is done.

4 hours ago, Slice313 said:

I think they wont release a skin template until the new external model is done.

Yea, we can all guess what might happen in the future. Your guess is as good as mine. But I guess nothing will be done, since nothing was officialy communicated. And even the features that were announced officialy have disappeared into the void (looking at you F8/G8).

• Like 5

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ce_Zeta said:

I don´t buy more modules because of that.

I purchased the Hind even tough there is no Template yet .. I'm actually interested in learning to fly the thing, its skin is a very superficial part of the Module ... sure, I love skins as much as the next guy, but not flying a module because of a skin?  🙄

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:20 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I purchased the Hind even tough there is no Template yet .. I'm actually interested in learning to fly the thing, its skin is a very superficial part of the Module ... sure, I love skins as much as the next guy, but not flying a module because of a skin?  🙄

Understood....but the Hind is a brand new module,I think we all understand that the template follows on in many cases a little later after the initial release,many of us have come to accept this.But the Dora was released back in 2014,it should've been given an official template by now,after all,we are paying good money for these modules.....they are by no means cheap,and we expect certain aspects of these modules to have been completed,especially after seven plus years of it's release date !

I suspect the key argument the member is trying to make here,is that he will be a little more careful how he spends his hard earned cash next time,and I for one can't blame him.

Not to have this official template after this long period of elapsed time is some what lazy and discourteous on the behalf of the developer......yes you have had our money......now be courteous and grace us by completing the full module please,after all we have been more than patient.

No one is demanding anything here btw.....just asking politely that this is completed,regardless of what other new modules may be being worked on in the pipeline  👍

• Like 4

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, Basco1 said:

they are by no means cheap

I fully agree that an official skin template is an important item and really hope that ED will provide one for the Dora, just wanted to note that the Dora usually goes by 25 dollars when on sale, and to me that is quite cheap for a dcs aircraft.

in the meantime, there is actually a user-made template for the Dora:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303796/

👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Understood....but the Hind is a brand new module,I think we all understand that the template follows on in many cases a little later after the initial release,many of us have come to accept this.But the Dora was released back in 2014,it should've been given an official template by now,after all,we are paying good money for these modules.....they are by no means cheap,and we expect certain aspects of these modules to have been completed,especially after seven plus years of it's release date !

I suspect the key argument the member is trying to make here,is that he will be a little more careful how he spends his hard earned cash next time,and I for one can't blame him.

Not to have this official template after this long period of elapsed time is some what lazy and discourteous on the behalf of the developer......yes you have had our money......now be courteous and grace us by completing the full module please,after all we have been more than patient.

No one is demanding anything here btw.....just asking politely that this is completed,regardless of what other new modules may be being worked on in the pipeline  👍

At the end of the day, no one really thinks its that important, I mean compare it to the other famous issue we all have with the Dora.
Then all the issues with the Anton we have.

Despite my issues with some of the modules, I still prepurchased the Hind (which ive never really played because its not supported for me yet), and the Mosquito (Even though the Moquito will be barred from Storm of War on launch).
Ed know theyre gonna get enough cash from those that want the modules so youd be probably best using someone elses skin, wiping it, and starting a fresh from there.
Or using the template mentioned above.

Suggesting that you 'may be a little more careful how you spend your cash next time' will just fall on deaf ears.
And we all know that everyone still pre purchases in EA.

Everyone who's bought from DCS knows its cheaper to buy from EA or Sales, So you either get 30% off upfront and wait, or wait 2 years and get 50% off.. with the same bugs (see the Yak).
Doesnt seem much point in waiting for 2 years just to get an extra $10 off a module.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StevanJ said:

At the end of the day, no one really thinks its that important, I mean compare it to the other famous issue we all have with the Dora.

You're missing the point.....members have paid up front for an unfinished module...it is missing it's official template,therefore it's unfinished period,and just because the likes of you think it is'nt important,bares no bearing on the situation whatsoever......there are many that do,and would like this situation rectified,sooner rather than later,it is their right to do so

Regardless of how it can now be purchased seven years later in the various DCS sales is besides the point.There are many members that purchased this module in all good faith,back when it was released at it's premium price.....they will not enjoy any of these subsequent discounts you speak of.....so this argument that it can be now purchased at a cheaper price does'nt stack up......try telling this to the many thousands that have already purchased it !

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Basco1 said:

You're missing the point.....members have paid up front for an unfinished module...it is missing it's official template,therefore it's unfinished period,and just because the likes of you think it is'nt important,bares no bearing on the situation whatsoever......there are many that do,and would like this situation rectified,sooner rather than later,it is their right to do so

Regardless of how it can now be purchased seven years later in the various DCS sales is besides the point.There are many members that purchased this module in all good faith,back when it was released at it's premium price.....they will not enjoy any of these subsequent discounts you speak of.....so this argument that it can be now purchased at a cheaper price does'nt stack up......try telling this to the many thousands that have already purchased it !

Trust me, I’ve tried telling everyone.

Thats how I know ‘people’ don’t think it’s important when compared to the bugs.

And while I agree with what you are saying..

It’s only gonna fall on deaf ears.

Unless you are in a place of power (a YouTube channel with a lot of followers) or you quite literally ‘scream it from the mountains’ (see the storm of war boycott), nothing is going to change.

And if you do ‘scream it from the mountains’ you’ll probably get a stern smack on the wrists and ignored.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Despite my issues with some of the modules, I still prepurchased the Hind (which ive never really played because its not supported for me yet), and the Mosquito (Even though the Moquito will be barred from Storm of War on launch).

where did you hear that the Mosquito will be barred on SOW on launch?

6 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

Trust me, I’ve tried telling everyone.

Thats how I know ‘people’ don’t think it’s important when compared to the bugs.

And while I agree with what you are saying..

It’s only gonna fall on deaf ears.

Unless you are in a place of power (a YouTube channel with a lot of followers) or you quite literally ‘scream it from the mountains’ (see the storm of war boycott), nothing is going to change.

And if you do ‘scream it from the mountains’ you’ll probably get a stern smack on the wrists and ignored.

It's ok,I'm not personally going to lose sleepover this.....I'm just very disappointed with the devs attitude towards their customers that's all.....and am I expecting this to be rectified in the near future ?......no of course not,they've got our money now have'nt they ?

• Like 2

There was a template once done by a member of the ED Team .. not sure though where it has gone.

It was uploaded by another member to his dropbox but has been deleted since.

Might have it around somewhere but haven´t found it yet. Probably on my old PC which I would need to get running again as it is currently dismantled.

Maybe someone should contact Big Newy to see if he can do anything about it?

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Basco1 said:

It's ok,I'm not personally going to lose sleepover this.....I'm just very disappointed with the devs attitude towards their customers that's all.....and am I expecting this to be rectified in the near future ?......no of course not,they've got our money now have'nt they ?

It sucks, but youre just going to have to let it go..

I support you.

26 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

It sucks, but youre just going to have to let it go..

I support you.

Thanks mate.....appreciated.