Realistic spotting mod for Oculus Rift users

Defiantly works, but the pixel is HUGE when the AC are rather close.

Just go to the LUA file and reduce the font size. I’ve got mine working really well for air and ground targets now.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Just go to the LUA file and reduce the font size. I’ve got mine working really well for air and ground targets now.

I tried that but if I edit the font any lower it goes away completely.

For example I changed it from 15 to 12 and there was NO dot.

EDIT:

Editing the file seems to break it. If I change the font at all it no longer works.

I changed it from 15 to 12 and it vanished completely, changed it back to 15 and its still gone.

I'm editing it in notepad, is that possibly breaking it?

Ive repeated this 5 times so far and get the same result. if I extract the original from the zip it works fine, but if I edit it at all it stops working.

Edited by Wingnutt270

Wingnut, notepad is likely your issue. It formats it differently. Personally, I use VS Code. How can I send you my file? Send me your email address in a PM?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 weeks later...
Does the opacity setting really work? For me, the dot seems to render at 100% at all distances, regardless of opacity settings.

No. Unfortunately that element of the feature has been broken for a while...It was really cool when it worked.

Loving your CASE I trainer mission, btw. Phenominal work! Really helping me to know how much I suck at carrier ops!...but helping me to get better! :thumbup:

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

No. Unfortunately that element of the feature has been broken for a while...It was really cool when it worked.

Loving your CASE I trainer mission, btw. Phenominal work! Really helping me to know how much I suck at carrier ops!...but helping me to get better! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info and the warm words! Glad you like it, means a lot!

Such a shame the opacity setting stopped working! This mod seems like a reasonable fix for the non-working spotting as a workaround until they adress that issue for real! It sort of does the trick, but it looks a little funky when the dot suddenly appears without fading in.

ED, if you read this: Please take a look and see if you can fix the opacity setting in Labels.lua, which no longer works. Also, if possible consider adding font size and possibly even color for the distance array elements, so that it can be tweaked to be minimal size and almost transparent at great distance, fading in and getting bigger as it gets closer.

Drives me nuts that the dot shows up through the aircraft objects. It should be obscured by objects. Is there a mod for this?

Drives me nuts that the dot shows up through the aircraft objects. It should be obscured by objects. Is there a mod for this?

Same !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I put in a bug last week stating opacity issues with labels - not holding my breath for any acknowledgement by ED.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3886864&postcount=1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a quick response from ED in the past after submitting a help ticket on their website. In fact, two different people contacted me back within 24 hours. Try that route.