Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

It's been a long time since there was any real question as to if it was a Viggen + a WW2 pacific thing or not. So yeah, this shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. Iwo Jima is a logical map choice for the F4U-1. Not sure why someone would question that. It's an incredibly simple map and a place where the F4U-1's played a major role. The choice of the AJS-37 instead of the AJ-37 is unexpected for me, I would have thought they'd keep it in the 1980's to better match the MiG-21 and F-14 modules (and DCS in general). But it doesn't really matter I suppose. I'm just glad it's an attack version. DCS could really use a few supersonic strikers.

Cobra cant be happy on this.

But the wait make some of us mad.

Imagine a kid in the supermarket crying cause mum refuses to pay him a toy and imagine this kid being able to get it no matter the price (problem that make).

Im happy (its viggen )and im furious(the way we know it) what a mixed feeling.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I for one am very happy we get AJS and NOT JA. We need fast ground attacker! Also excitement for the corsair!

That being said I am very disappointing that LNS wait so long for announcement. Better to have announced and have to wait for release than surprise ruined. LNS can still fix for some, announce now and prevent all from loosing surprise!!!! as I and others lost...

That being said I am very disappointing that LNS wait so long for announcement. Better to have announced and have to wait for release than surprise ruined. LNS can still fix for some, announce now and prevent all from loosing surprise!!!! as I and others lost...

+1 Bring on the screenshots and videos, LN! Before it's too late.

There was no announcement. Someone accidentally found an entry in the steam database. Cobra replied "Whoops!" in this thread :)

There were three entries.

Viggen

Corsair

Iwo Jima

And Cobra added on reddit (assuming Cobra8472 is "our" Cobra) :

We're working on a lot of AI and theatre content. More soon.

Iwo Jima is just the first of many and represents a good, easy, first Pacific map. More info soon.

Okinawa on roadmap.

Edited by Eight Ball

WOOHOOO!!

Didn't expect it to be the AJS though! Thought they would keep to their 70's cold war atmosphere.

Don't know if I'm super happy over the extended capablities and weapons or if I'm a bit sad for losing out on the cold war.

Then again the BK-90 is going to be tremendously cool I hope, and being able to carry 4 sidewinders instead of only two won't hurt either.. Rb 15F will be a bit more capable than the Rb 04e. Protect your carriers!

Not a big surprise after all the teasing from Cobra :)

Anyway, great choice of addons, looking forward to when they land on my PC.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Everything is going just fine with the F-14 and Leatherneck in general. :)

While I'm out of texturing action for a few weeks -- the entire team is still hard at work.

Many thanks for the concern!

There is a possibility of an F-14 update in December. We're currently working on some of the more visual features, such as the HUD, VSI and HSI.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151159&page=2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs: CPU: i7-9700K@ 5.0 GHz | RAM: 32 GB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | CH Products Pro Pedals |HP REverb

Yeah, with the hints I am not surprised with the F-4U but I am no less excited. I have been eagerly awaiting this aircraft and cannot wait to see it! It is great to hear of a Pacific Island map as well. That opens up so many possibilities.

I wonder if these maps will be locked to a specific aircraft though or if we will be able to use them with any DCS aircraft....

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Iwo Jima is a logical map choice for the F4U-1. Not sure why someone would question that. It's an incredibly simple map and a place where the F4U-1's played a major role.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but I did say that Iwo Jima was not my first guess for a PTO theater. :)

I agree that it is an excellent theater for the F4U played a huge role in that campaign ("Angels of Iwo Jima", etc), but I was hoping for the Solomons given the VMF-214 hints. I also really love the P-40F, so I was hoping that the LNS theater would make room for it as well.

That said, the Solomons would be a BIG map with a lot of airfields - kind of a tough first map even with the sparse infrastructure.

However, if you've seen Letters from Iwo Jima, Flags of our Fathers, or The Pacific - then you know that the USN sent a MASSIVE fleet to Iwo Jima. That is a TON of AI to finish. There probably would be fewer AI units for the Solomons, but a lot more terrain and Airfields to deal with.

But once they create all of these objects/AI, making a Solomons map might be more doable in the future. Still, I'm very excited to land any airplane on a ship and that would not have been part of a Solomons map.

The choice of the AJS-37 instead of the AJ-37 is unexpected for me, I would have thought they'd keep it in the 1980's to better match the MiG-21 and F-14 modules (and DCS in general). But it doesn't really matter I suppose. I'm just glad it's an attack version. DCS could really use a few supersonic strikers.

I'm with you on this part, late-70s or early-80s would have been a great era for NATO vs Soviet combat, but I like the better capabilities of the AJS. I'm interested to learn how they place the AJS for their campaign and where the Viggen's theater will be. Although, the AJS is of the same era as the F-14B...more or less.

-Nick

Hopefully Leatherneck is working with Eagle Dynamics on amphibious operations. Currently DCS has no real support for this. Amphibious vehicles have never worked properly in Combined Arms. I am looking forward to improvements in this area which will be essential for island maps like Iwo Jima.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it will be a nice addition and a worthy adversary to the Mirage. Am excited to fly it.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I think it will be a nice addition and a worthy adversary to the Mirage. Am excited to fly it.

They are making the attack version of the Viggen, not the interceptor. The Mirage2kC on the other hand is primarily an interceptor, so they are not exactly what I would call adversaries.