Something 4 Thrust Master users

ironcross

Compelling info.

I must ask what prompted you to post this ? Which questions will it answer ?

I use a Hog stick, don't use Target for DCS but it is usually installed, without any problems.

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes a service like this is ok to disable, but was put there to 're-hydrate' the driver or input-state after something like a deep-sleep state or ACPI BIOS performance adjustments made by intel chips.

We run with like 16GB machines usually (or at least should) and services like these are not what you want to concern yourself with to improve performance, so much as anything like, say, nvidias experience app, which is doing heat-map monitoring of your screen. FPS and recording apps. (i feel like discord is pretty damned bloated too, but we need it) and audio-recording stuff. torrents and a good tip is to maybe run IE as your pdf or reference browser while flying in DCS so that it doesnt run the rather large footprint of chrome. (i do my browsing in chrome but kill it and run IE while flying. Since IE is kind of already-loaded into the OS, its a footprint youre already paying for)

If you are using a Thrustmaster device and are not using the TARGET scripting engine or macro's then you don't really need it. I use the Warthog and headset fine without out, it's just another service running that takes up resources.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

I found this while going thru the task Manager and looking online to see what all those services actuall do. I think it might answer some questions. hope it helps

https://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Thrustmaster-TARGET-58707-program.aspx

So what?

I don't get the whole point of this post tbh.

You use a device for which you installed drivers that use a windows service to keep it running properly.

If you don't use the TARGET software suite you can just uninstall it and disable the service, though you might encounter issues after the dedicated USB port/hub gets disabled (sleep, hybernate, power saving plan and so on).

In modern computers (anything able to run DCS actually) the resources used by such service are negligible anyway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850