VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta

Need some info about the nato light towers.

Placed them in darkness but they don`t light up.

How "late" must it be, so they will function right ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Need some info about the nato light towers.

Placed them in darkness but they don`t light up.

How "late" must it be, so they will function right ?

The lights of the Mod work from 20:00 up to 6:00 ... same time every day of the year, unlike the built-in lights of DCS, that change their operation time as the seasons change.

dUywf_u_0go

Unfortunately, since DCS v2.5, the Mod's illumination level is much lower than that of the built-in lighting :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok, so I don`t have a chance to see them work at 18:00. Thank You

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi

If you want better lights, download this excellent mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3302379/

and use the "GD parking lights". They're really enlight the zone where they are.

You'll find them in statics\land vehicles (???? !) but that works.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

If you want better lights, download this excellent mod:

Thanks for the tip :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Not sure what's happened but I can't get this working anymore. Not sure if it was broke after yesterdays update. It shows up in the Installed modules (all my mods show as slightly greyed out compared to the official modules)but when I try to load a mission containing this mod, I get an error message saying I need to install them!!! Any ideas? I get the same with Ranger's 2.4.1 mod.

Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Not sure what's happened but I can't get this working anymore. Not sure if it was broke after yesterdays update.

Not likely to be broken, as it works for me on Openbeta 2.5.4 .. most likely you have a conflicting Mod. Disable all Mods, except the VP-airfield and retry.

If the game now works, then re-enable the other Mods one by one until you find the one causing conflict.

Not sure what's happened but I can't get this working anymore. Not sure if it was broke after yesterdays update. It shows up in the Installed modules (all my mods show as slightly greyed out compared to the official modules)but when I try to load a mission containing this mod, I get an error message saying I need to install them!!! Any ideas? I get the same with Ranger's 2.4.1 mod.

Cheers

No issues with this mod or Rangers with 2.5.4. Do you have them installed in your saved games, Mods/tech folder?

x0XcUP.png

tuQJkq.png

Starting to get somewhere, I've got the airfield equip working. Still having the issue with the Rangers mod, I've tried manually installing it into DCS, putting it in the osgme folder and in the saved games folder and all three together without luck. Its not in the Installed section in Module manager anymore either. Must be something simple, I'm sure. Any other ideas? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Finally got it to work. I'd downloaded the JSGME file. It didn't work through that in _MODS folder for some reason so just put it in my Saved games folder then butchered the folder structure and now it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am preparing the arrival of the F-14 module and I want to discover the Tomcat by doing training missions from a Nevada Airbase.

As much as possible, I want to do that in a realistic environement.

Does anybody have a template of a Nevada base with such a realistic environment/activities ?

Thx a lot !

Chris

Does anybody have a template of a Nevada base with such a realistic environment/activities ?

On Nevada I only have this single template (it's just that the Persian Gulf is so much more varied), but hope it suits you :)

Nevada - Blue - Airbase - Tonopah Test Range (by Rudel_chw).zip

On Nevada I only have this single template (it's just that the Persian Gulf is so much more varied), but hope it suits you :)

Thx a lot, that's a nice one but with a short runway...

I didn't flight so much on the Nevada Map but my favorite airfield is the Nellis AB wink.gif

So Nellis AB template should be great !

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Plus I amended the lua files so that all personnel appear in the INFANTRY section of the ME and they can now move if given waypoints. The models are not animated so they wont appear to walk or run but they do move none the less.

Was reading this thread, looking to see if someone had made a Catalog of the many objects of this Mod, when I stumbled onto your post ... any chance that you can share that lua file? :)

Is there any chance that you did get a copy of that lua file to make the Infantry move?

I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the 'Vehicle' infantry will not move. I thought I had a problem with the Initial Heading; Start Time; Visible Before Start; some Trigger; some Adv. Waypoint... I thought I had them moving in the beginning, but must be mistaken... Argg... Why are these even in the 'Vehicles' menu thing? They are just static objects if they don't move. :joystick:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

this is the file path i used... it doesn't work. can anyone please help?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\VPC Airfield Equipment

NM i got it, I was confused because my saved games folder did not have a "Mods" folder in it. I took a chance and created my own folder titled "Mods", dropped it in that and it works now.

C:\Users\jonpo\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\VPC Airfield Equipment

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

HI Virpil Team

Dont know if your aware of some of the log errors from your mod. Hope this helps. Love the mod.

Hi,

You can write directly to the Mod author, his mail is: kregred@gmail.com

If you really like his Mod, consider supporting him trough a donation here: http://kregred.smile-pilots.ru/index.php/en/

Is there any chance that you did get a copy of that lua file to make the Infantry move?

I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the 'Vehicle' infantry will not move. I thought I had a problem with the Initial Heading; Start Time; Visible Before Start; some Trigger; some Adv. Waypoint... I thought I had them moving in the beginning, but must be mistaken... Argg... Why are these even in the 'Vehicles' menu thing? They are just static objects if they don't move. :joystick:

Hi Snacko if you want unanimated ground crew that move use the mod below. it has Infantry and groundcrew that can be found in the ME under "Infantry". The makers of this mod kindly gave me permission to use the relevant detail. Cheers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223659

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks SUNTSAG!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Just amazing. I'm blown away that ED doesn't have something like this in place already. Can anyone tell me if this mod is installed on each machine, will it work on a multiplayer server? I'm sure it's in here somewhere but my google foo is failing me.

It should work in multiplayer. But I don't think users without the mod would be able to join the mission. I wish this and some other mods were just built-in to DCS.

Can anyone tell me if this mod is installed on each machine, will it work on a multiplayer server?

Yes, it works if every client has the Mod installed on their Saved Games folder .. and also the Server needs to have it too.

Unfortunately, for some reason this Mod triggers the Integrity Check in spite of being installed on Saved Games :( (it seems that it uses some Su-27 textures to implenent its Su-35s) ... so, the Server has to be configured to allow "impure" clients.

... Unfortunately, for some reason this Mod triggers the Integrity Check in spite of being installed on Saved Games :( (it seems that it uses some Su-27 textures to implenent its Su-35s) ... so, the Server has to be configured to allow "impure" clients.

Hello,

I've modified this Mod a little bit, in order to make it IC compatible. You can download this modified version from this link:

{link removed}

I will contact the Mod's author and send him my edits, so he can include them on his next version of this Mod.

Thanks a lot to @Strut for his help :)

Best regards

Edit: Sorry .. it seems that I sang victory before its time :( ... I'm still getting red IC at some missions that use the Mod. I will be testing it more thoroughly and will reinstate the link once I'm sure it works well on all cases.

Edited by Rudel_chw