688 Attack Sub

Gunny Highway

SH4, heavily modded. was great. Haven't played it in probably 8 or 9 years though.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Anyone remember Attack Sub 688? Pretty fun sim from back in the day. Did they ever make a modern version of it?

SSN-21 Seawolf was made by the same author, although it was much more streamlined IIRC.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I used to rent 688 attack sub from the local video rental place all the time for sega genesis, then i got the sega channel, and it was on that, was awesome, but when i got silent hunter 2, i just couldn't play it anymore... my cousin and I used to play destoryer command and silent hunter 2 multiplayer, super fun, i always used to make him play in the destroyer.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dangerous waters was good. TMA was totally fun, hope to see it one day in DCS. The modded Silent Hunter set are still leading sub sims from a simulation perspective, either 3 or 5 modded, depending on your love of crew management. I went with 5 modded. You can do a lot of TMA from that too and it's real paper and pencil stuff when done in simulation style, something that get's me totally excited.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Man, Dangerous Waters pissed me off! :)

I had a friend flying and I was hunting a sub. I had it located and was just about to call the alarm when the AI voice took over and called it out. All that work and that little #$@! took all the credit. Never played it again.

SH3 modded was just the best sub sim ever, IMHO. :)

688-I Hunter/Killer, good old times. Played it a lot but never had that fun like in Silent Hunter II.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

688I on the PC and The Hunt for Red October on the Amiga before that. Then Sub Command which has both the 688i and Seawolf classes as well as their Russian counterparts. I have also used Silent Hunter series and have the steel box version of SH3 :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron