Low FPS in some situations with 1080 TI

I also have a 1080Ti and have very good performance with almost all in high settings and that in 4K!!! I mostly use the A10-C.

What i have seen at first glance is that you have the clutter/grass very high, i have it at 150.

Also your terrain objects shadow try changing them to flat and the other shadows to Low

in the Nvidia control Panel i have also noticed that you have power management to Optimal Power, try changing that to performance

Lets see if i can help, here i send you my settings :

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=162570&stc=1&d=1495650275

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=162571&stc=1&d=1495650284

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=162572&stc=1&d=1495650293

Thanks for this. I tried changing settings to match yours 1 step at a time. The only one that made any impact was water. Dropping that down to medium got be almost 30fps at the mission start, was 20fps previously.

I have everything else back to high/max except water.

Hi,

the current DCS 1.5 on a decent assembly hw base Intel I7 7700k together GTX 1080Ti absolutely miserable performance. I mean that it is not possible to keep at least a constant 60fps at Full HD resolution just medium detail. I had a GTX 970 together I7 4790k at the same mission, I upgraded exactly 6fps, but in other applications, increased performance as 4x, so the error is somewhere in the optimization alone engine simulator.

Will be out soon N1944 together with DCS 2.0, where I'm expecting better results what it claims the users of the Nevada map. Pet

Thanks for this. I am suspecting this mission puts some serious strain on the machine. This is my first time playing the huey campaign. I started mission 6 just when I got this new card so I immediately became concerned.

• 4 weeks later...

Turn off V-Sync and uninstall Windows 10 creator content if you have it.

From there, in 2.1 just turn off deferred shading, and set your graphics

settings for 1.5 in game to match your control panel, and in 2.1 turn off your

in game settings and force through Nvidia CP. Also make sure your running the game on

an SSD. These tips, plus that hardware, and you'll be good to go between 45-60

FPS in 4k.

6D80k38.jpg

How exactly does one uninstall cteators content?

WIn10 keeps a copy of your previous build so you can roll-back for 14 days ( maybe the time span is different now, no idea ).

It's under RESTORE in your ControlPanel. Google and YT has tons of "HowTo's" if you cant findit or think you need a deep introduction.

Vice Versa, if you dont intend to roll back, you can clean your drive and dump that ~25GB to the bin. This is also done automatically after the said time frame has passed iirc.

I always do it by hand after a few days testing so I have no idea what the granted time to roll back is meanwhile, 14 days is a safe bet I guess.

edit:

BTW, I dont think Creator's Update is the reason, many use it without any performance issues. The culprit is somewhere else, driver issues ( Sound and Dolby foremost ), Thrustmaster issues IF you use Target and for sure some others I dont know about.

Those are minor issues, the general picture is different and good looking imho.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I have similar issues with VR and a 6700k at 4700 mhz and titan x pascal at 2050 mhz. One trail Imfound was that quite often the mhz do start to dip way below the turbo boost on the gpu for no reason even tho in the nvidia settings i called for always prefer max performance.

mazpy be ed can look into this. Its very annoying to even drop below asw 45 fps on a high end rig where other titles run crazy gfx 90 fps without the hint of an issue