DCS crashes while in VR lately very common

Verde

Lately I have a lot of crashes during dcs play, especially in mulitplayer. And for past few days thats over the top. I get ready for flying more than flying itself:/ As i understand it is RIFT related, it just freezes, than black screen, then DCS crashed, but everything is ok once you start game again. Just like sudden freeze that crashes DCS. Anyone has this or knows how to deal. Read quite a lot on the web about USB drivers etc, RMA oculus, HDMI cables etc. SIck of it. sometimes after crash oculus says hdmi cable unplugged, but i am quite sure it isn`t as this is second vidoe card, and i checked hdmi cable, even unplugged from rift and checked by moving in all directions, somethin is wrong, but don`t quite get it. Is DCS or oculus the BAD guy. I read that someone has problems with OCULUS when many controllers are connected, but I cannot get away from any: mouse, keyboard, 2 for oculus and 2 for warhog, one for pedals, thats bare minimum. Any sugesstions?

Edited by Verde

• ED Team

Hi Verde,

next time you have a crash can you attach your dcs.log we will take a look at it for clues

guide in my signature

also include your system spec in your post

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've noticed it has been using a LOT more memory than usual since a couple patches ago.

Are you getting an error that you have run out of memory and the application has to be shut down?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I just had a dcs CTD today with rift but it's rare and as often as when i played with monitor.

But I recently had a recurrent problem and a ticket with oculus for rift's headphones. They stopped working soon or late in many games/apps.

Finally it appeared that it was related with the front usb ports of my desktop. When Something is connected with front usb ports the problem appears soon or late. When Nothing is connected with front ports it works flawlessly.

Of course with DCS i use all my usb ports so the front ones to and so I use separate headphones.

Maybe your problem with rift has similarity with mine if it occurs in many app/games and you could try not using front usb ports if you actually do...?

Edited by toutenglisse

So as DCS crashed again sending you log files in attachment.

My system spec are as follows:

i7 7700k @ 4.9

gtx 1070

Asrock formula oc z170 motherboard

gskill 16gb ram @ 3400

one ssd for OS

one for DCS and other stuff

oculus rift CV1

warthog

saitek pedals

As i looked it log files there are access vfiolation for various reasons: effects, other things :/

Lalely half an our is maximum i can get then boom crash :( Please guys give me some advice, i did disconnect front usb ports but no luck with it:(

Edited by Verde

• ED Team

Thanks for the PM

The crash is obviously related to Oculus, and I know nothing about this so I will try and point someone in this direction

00789.189 INFO EDCORE: # -------------- 20170516-192959 --------------

00789.197 INFO EDCORE: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\LibOVRRT64_1.dll

00789.205 INFO EDCORE: # C0000096 PRIV_INSTRUCTION at CA8F0D47 00:00000000

00790.359 INFO EDCORE: Minidump created.

00790.360 INFO DCS: try to write track file

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2