Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

JTAC is probably the best asset available in final stages of taking a position. Once it finds no more targets you know there is nothing left. Until then it constantly lases targets where A-10C, F-5E and Mirage can just drop a GBU-12 in, although I'd rather take a 10 with me to get them all in one single pickle. And the A-10 can also use it's LSS to find the exact position and deploy whatever suits the situation best. I'm even able to take out the infantry squad with an F-15. I have approx. 10 kills on infantry with AIM-9 and AIM-7 until now, guns not counting. :D

I always bring JTACs now, because I don't know where any targets are; however, even with JTAC, when the troops move, smoke indicators are insufficient, unless they don't move very far. Use of anything except door gunners is excessively difficult.

I think if troops were pre-deployed, within one of a number of specific areas, it would be a better setup.

But JTAC still doesn't fix things for CAS when they are trying to clear a FARP before the helo has arrived.

How about giving us the other Gazelles? or at least change some of the M slots to L or Mistral if you don't have time to make new slots. All of the FARP capturing testing will be inaccurate with out these variables.

How about giving us the other Gazelles? or at least change some of the M slots to L or Mistral if you don't have time to make new slots. All of the FARP capturing testing will be inaccurate with out these variables.

Hoping for this sooner than later as well.

The Viggen is a bit broken in some of the FARP slots. It's plagued with a bug that makes their navigation and waypoint systems inoperable when spawned in a cold start state. This can be fixed by spawning them with their engines on (reportedly).

New Feature added this morning - The F10 Pak Info will now list whether defenders are still alive or not so you can know if you've got them all.

Look for DEFENDERS ALIVE or CAPTURABLE (when they're not) when a base is closed.

Bomber script will now only allow up to 3 bombers in the air / in progress at one time (per side) with a cool down timer as well to avoid spamming of bombers. Bomb count for accurate bombs is 5

Other minor changes but didnt have much time.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New Feature added this morning - The F10 Pak Info will now list whether defenders are still alive or not so you can know if you've got them all.

Look for DEFENDERS ALIVE or CAPTURABLE (when they're not) when a base is closed.

Bomber script will now only allow up to 3 bombers in the air / in progress at one time (per side) with a cool down timer as well to avoid spamming of bombers. Bomb count for accurate bombs is 5

Other minor changes but didnt have much time.

I kind of like it this hard. Units and troops that are hard to find.

There are some things I do have in mind though

Ground units, houses etc that spawns on the runway sometimes at the airfields.

Will pak 3 airfields get any ground to air defences when thoose airfields are red. Currently only bunkers and houses?

If we going to have Mi8s and hueys on both sides I would like to see more hueys on other farps as well. Currently only Oni and Smole I think.

Slots at Beslan stats 2 Mi8s and 2 hueys in the naming but they are all Mi8s

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

I kind of like it this hard. Units and troops that are hard to find.

There are some things I do have in mind though

Ground units, houses etc that spawns on the runway sometimes at the airfields.

Will pak 3 airfields get any ground to air defences when thoose airfields are red. Currently only bunkers and houses?

If we going to have Mi8s and hueys on both sides I would like to see more hueys on other farps as well. Currently only Oni and Smole I think.

Slots at Beslan stats 2 Mi8s and 2 hueys in the naming but they are all Mi8s

Map is still going though changes, farps should all have common defence from tomorrow evening and farp slots finalised, including uh1 for both.

Still need to finalise airbase slots and add two more farps in the mountains. Bases should get added tomorrow.

You also have to give me slightly more to go on then sometimes things spawn over the runway

Which runway, which coalition? Then I can fix :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Took a flight earlier and Datalink was enabled.

Hopefully its s deliberate change. Thanks!

It is but you have to deploy an EWR. The issue now is that you cannot pick one up because of a bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is but you have to deploy an EWR. The issue now is that you cannot pick one up because of a bug.

When I was in today it did the seem like enemy aircraft were detected? I only saw friendlies. Was this because of the EWR not being deployed or was the EWR no in range or being blocked by landscape to see the bogeys?

When I was in today it did the seem like enemy aircraft were detected? I only saw friendlies. Was this because of the EWR not being deployed or was the EWR no in range or being blocked by landscape to see the bogeys?

I dont know tbh but the issue now is that it gives you an error when you try to pick up the crate from a farp or airfield saying that it can only be picked up from friendly airfields.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just hope no gazelle is able to call bomber strikes...

You would ;)

Here's an idea. Does the sim have any Artillery units we can chopper in? Maybe one crate for the gun and another crate for the ammo?

The SAM persistence is getting a little out of hand. As effective as it may be, it's really not fun to deal with while in a transport and it's turning a lot of people off of flying the transport role.

You might want to go back to easy mode, but I don't. Things are going in a very interesting direction being 99.9% helo, I don't support this message.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You might want to go back to easy mode, but I don't. Things are going in a very interesting direction being 99.9% helo, I don't support this message.

I'm all for dealing with the dangers and pitfalls of venturing into dangerous hostile territory, but the people that feel the same are few and far between. I can't say I blame them...it's pretty discouraging to fly for an hour and get shot down by a single AI soldier that is hiding in non-collision trees that someone left 6 hours ago, have him cleared out, then get shot down again an hour later on your next flight by the one that was just a mile down the road.

It's not that bad on Red team as you can use the Ka-50 and get freebie all-seeing-eye enemy location info with the ABRIS, but it's agony on Blue. The only feasible way to find a MANPAD on blue is to get shot at (or down) by one.

Edited by AbortedMan

With the actual mission there seems to be a problem with Sochi. We were able to bring it down to 8% and then nothing else was to be killed. We used JTAC to spot enemies, nothing. Looks like there is a unit hidden inside a building or maybe warped far away. We had this issue twice today and it all started after you updated the mission.

Edit: And right after restart it went back to 100%.

Edited by Jester Darrak

With the actual mission there seems to be a problem with Sochi. We were able to bring it down to 8% and then nothing else was to be killed. We used JTAC to spot enemies, nothing. Looks like there is a unit hidden inside a building or maybe warped far away. We had this issue twice today and it all started after you updated the mission.

Edit: And right after restart it went back to 100%.

On purpose - Sochi reset. Units have changed there. Should work now.

Two new FARPS added as well.

All FARP slots should be consistent and finished.

A few new Aircraft slots added - will need more work.

Reset all persisted units as Blue had deployed so many JTACs you could see them all.

Still working on persistence, rules will be:

Friendly units within 10KM of friendly base will be removed and not saved.

JTACs will persist for 6 Hours

Stinger - 6 Hours

SAM Site - 15 Hours

Hey Ciribob,

if you can afford to let SAMs up for 15h, may I suggest giving a JTAC a longer life aswell, 12-15h ?

Can you help me understand why you'd need a jtac up for that long? Typically you throw one up and close the base or farp within an hour or two.

I was kind of thinking that they should be removed when you cap the objective.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for dealing with the dangers and pitfalls of venturing into dangerous hostile territory, but the people that feel the same are few and far between. I can't say I blame them...it's pretty discouraging to fly for an hour and get shot down by a single AI soldier that is hiding in non-collision trees that someone left 6 hours ago, have him cleared out, then get shot down again an hour later on your next flight by the one that was just a mile down the road.

It's not that bad on Red team as you can use the Ka-50 and get freebie all-seeing-eye enemy location info with the ABRIS, but it's agony on Blue. The only feasible way to find a MANPAD on blue is to get shot at (or down) by one.

I don't disagree with this statement at all. It is getting a little too tough to take out the middle ground farps. I do agree this might be awesome in 2.x where you can't fly into trees, but right now it's painfully difficult to find these units. It was before too, but now there is added emphasis to place them.

Red having the ka50 which shows them on the abris is also unfair but I'm not sure if we can do anything about it. Give blue ka50 maybe?

TJ

I don't disagree with this statement at all. It is getting a little too tough to take out the middle ground farps. I do agree this might be awesome in 2.x where you can't fly into trees, but right now it's painfully difficult to find these units. It was before too, but now there is added emphasis to place them.

Red having the ka50 which shows them on the abris is also unfair but I'm not sure if we can do anything about it. Give blue ka50 maybe?

TJ

What about adding a limit to the number of units that can be deployed? Much like how it was for sa6 before. If they Deploy a new one it erases the one that had been on the map the longest. No idea what the limit would be for each type.