Is VEAO working on a Tornado?

Still don't know unfortunately nothing official has been anounced yet. :(

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

AFAIK Polychop have not made an offical announcement with regards to Tornado, At the moment we have work piling up on our consumer side and while we have a vested interest in Tornado it is not in active development in favour of our warbird projects. We would not be making a Gr4 it would be a Gr1.

If when we come to re-examine it and someone else is already doing it then as Chris said we won't compete, plenty of alternative aircraft to do.

I can't see us looking at Tornado until 2018 at least

Pman

• 2 months later...

I just hope there will be a playable Tornado at some point and I don't really care who does it (although I would prefer a german Tornado IDS, but any Tornado would be great :)).

The uncertainty if there is a Tornado module in development and by whom is killing me :pilotfly:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
Yeah I believe it was RAZBAM who decided to make one

RAZBAM's plans right now are for the AV-8B NA (Later the + version after ED releases the ground radar mdoulel), F-15E Strike Eagle, AT-27 Tucano, Mirage IIICJ Shahak, A-6 Intruder and A-7 Corsair.

Polychop is rumored to be working on a Tornado, but no official word has come out.

Falcon BMS has several Tornados.

In the end no one will do a Tornado, because everyone thinks that someone is already doing it :D

A Tornado with F-16 avionics. Not really what I want :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hate to hijack, but when and where were these ones confirmed by RAZBAM for DCS?!

RAZBAM has confirmed those modules flat out. Hunt around their forum section for a bit or look back at Zeus' post history.

@Vito: I thought they weren't doing the Super Tuc, it's just everyone wanted them to.

RAZBAM's plans right now are for the AV-8B NA (Later the + version after ED releases the ground radar mdoulel), F-15E Strike Eagle, AT-27 Tucano, Mirage IIICJ Shahak, A-6 Intruder and A-7 Corsair.

Polychop is rumored to be working on a Tornado, but no official word has come out.

Dont forget the sepecat Jaguar they confirmed in the last chat room.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RAZBAM has confirmed those modules flat out. Hunt around their forum section for a bit or look back at Zeus' post history.

@Vito: I thought they weren't doing the Super Tuc, it's just everyone wanted them to.

From yesterday:

I'll check with CptSmiley on that one. He has made a bunch of bug fixes so it is probably fixed by now. He is actually enjoying his new toy: The Tucano and is getting ready for work on the Harrier.

And now let's get back on topic pls, RAZBAM has its own forum :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

You mentioned if you did one it would only be a gr1? Is the gr4 just not of intrest or just hard to get info on?

[...]

We wouldn't look at the GR4 as it has considerable challenges and would require prolonged negotiations with the military, something that having done it for the Tiffie we wouldnt look to do again anytime soon.

Pman

;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pman

We wouldn't look at the GR4 as it has considerable challenges and would require prolonged negotiations with the military, something that having done it for the Tiffie we wouldnt look to do again anytime soon.

Pman

Would that still be the case once the GR4 is retired from service. Unfortunately she doesn't have long left :(

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pman

Pman

Would that still be the case once the GR4 is retired from service. Unfortunately she doesn't have long left :(

Yes that is still the case. The GR4 is not up for consideration for a DCS module from us. This is unlikely to ever change.

It would involve long and complex negotiations with the military even when it is removed from front line service as it involves payloads and technology that is still in front line service. We have agreements for some of those technologies for Typhoon, it is not something we will re-open for a Tornado project I am afraid.

A GR1 however is still quite viable for future work :)

Pman

Well recreating missions from desert Storm with a GR1 would be a dream come true as well :)

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO