Motorbikes!

MTFDarkEagle

I'm a Suzuki M109R guy. Love the bike. I used to be a crotch rocket guy back in the day.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I haven't but could probably do with some more tuition now. Will have lost a lot of skills and confidence now I'm not riding in all weathers and at all times of the day!

I encourage anyone to do so as I'm a qualified instructor in advanced riding, as the saying goes "Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"! :smilewink:

Also they are a great way to enjoy a weekend and team up with other riders and chat about planning weekend trips and a great investment in your life if you enjoy riding!

I'd recommend an instructional track day. Great way to sharpen skills.

Yes you learn allot on Track Days but not the same as what you learn on general road conditions. Let me explain and this will serve to help others who visit the thread out of interest as a novice or veteran rider, its all about the awareness of "RISK MANAGEMENT"!

Copy n Paste from other Forums I visit..............

RIDE ON - A NEW APPROACH TO SAFE RIDER TRAINING - PROMOTING SAFE RIDING

As an avid motorcycle rider I can assure you advance rider training course's are worth every ounce of "Your Life"!

I have completed the actual course and I am thankful for the riding skills which I have acquired from professional instructors who value your life and riding experience. Its also good to go back and sharpen your skills again there are weekend courses that follow up on enhance training and skill building.

I am posting this to encourage Rider Training Courses saving souls of others it is an awesome past time or hobby but with risks involved if managed your love and longevity of motorcycle riding will continue safely until you decide enough.

The skills and advice you receive are second to none and any motorcycle rider with wits will understand its not a game its life or death in many situations one encounters the video below will give some insight to what its really like.

What Motorcycle Training Courses Cover:-

1./ Bike Control Skills

a. Before you ride

b. Controlling your bike

- Head Checks

- Head and eye placement

- Low speed braking

- Low speed turns

c. Controlling your bike at higher Speeds

- Changing Direction

- Braking

- Set-up Sequence

- Changing surfaces

2./ Mental Skills to Recognize HARM

a. Survival Space ( Calculating Protecting )

b. Survival Space in Curves

3./ Self Control Skills

And many more skills, knowledge and principles that will be more than life saving and encourage safe riding when and how to use the bike to its full potential.

Please watch and enjoy these video's:-

This video was once given out to advanced qualified rider's and in class training I own the copies and share it to save lives after witnessing many accidents and deaths in club rides due to incorrect use and rider mistakes

Ride on Motorcycle Training

Also "RideSmart Motorcycle Training" - We can teach you to ride! -

A list of examples of some good Rider Training Schools:-

So I hope you riders have enjoyed that it was a training video that we had to watch when I went for my bike Riders License and the advanced trainig back when I was 18 years old .....damn so old now!

Well ride on gents!

These videos are worth watching also:- http://youtu.be/EjH-F7vosB0

Youtube Motorcycle Top Videos:-

There are some great videos by some real knowledgeable people in the defense force as well who give great advice from a different perspective like this guy ...........

Now to mention when riding with clubs I used to always ride first with mature experienced pro-riders and not the irresponsible types.

I did this in three ways:-

1. Ride up front with lead rider who are usually well trained up on risk management.
  2. Ride in the middle with a small group of guys I know I trust and responsible.
  3. Ride at rear with club group martial in pair

So when riding with clubs I would be in better partnering with top-notch riders (Qualified & Practicing) and enjoy the trip.

Thats why I'm still here safe with no injuries in the many years of riding with clubs, with others.

In many trips once we stopped at locations we would hear that some guy crashed or disappeared lagging behind and what not, and twice a death sadly.

"Track Days" learning the race-line are completely different thats where you can burn hard rubber, but still understanding risk management in race conditions

So keep on riding SAFE!:thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Life savers keep you alive found this lots of times

Unsure what you meant (Life savers) LoL - but watch - https://youtu.be/4zGnpttyOr8 :( :cry: unskilled - undisciplined - uneducated - careless!

Just gives us a bad rep, and the reason why cars don't respect bikes, all those accidents are the riders fault ignoring basic license training skills :cry: fact!

"NO RISK MANAGEMENT" in controlled environments where traffic lights, road painted lines etc are enforced by laws!

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Life savers keep you alive found this lots of times

Absolutely!

"Life saver" is where you turn your head and look over the relevant shoulder just before changing lanes/turning etc

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Absolutely!

"Life saver" is where you turn your head and look over the relevant shoulder just before changing lanes/turning etc

Hand eye coordination is simply a practical application that requires constant practice.

I use to refine my sharpness in counter steering and U-turns using road cones on weekends at large shopping malls before weekend trading was a thing like shown in this video.

You do this frequently your skills in cornering at slow and fast speeds by lengthening the cones, improve immensely.

Have you seen the movie video documentary "Twist of the Wrist I & II The Cornering by Keith Code its the bible for Riders Book and videos absolute must haves.

If I find it I will link it in thread for you guys.

Countersteering - The Physics of Countersteering On A Motorcycle By The Cambridge Science Centre

And this vid is absolutely sick as............

I must say clearly that countersteering techniques wide or narrow counters have saved my life many times over.

Its a must to have in your skill sets with the necessary knowledge that accompanies it if you love riding :thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Well, that's certainly a technique I'd like to learn.

Might have to see if I can borrow a bike with crash bars on though first.

Well if you liked that one above then watch this guy..............

That looks easy to the eyes but its very intense and hours of practice in precision maneuvering.

Much like an Air Show smilewink.gif

Most guys would have given up half way through the first lap knocking over cones or dropping the bike due to hard front braking.

He is really good no doubt.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

New Technologies for Motorcycle Riders

F-35 Lightning Helmet Type for Motorcycles – Hud Visor Technology and More

06_zpsj7n5ombd.jpg

11_zpsd4aoz2hf.jpg

09_zpsxula40z6.jpg

10_zpse1lcdey8.png

08_zpsxacgxaxi.jpg

VIDEOS

Youtubes:-

*Many more here:- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=The+first+HEAD-UP+DISPLAY+for+MOTORCYCLE+HELMETS

Links:-

Also a few other Forum Motorcycle links that should be merged if possible -

Also "Please" adjust Thread title to "Motorcycle Discussion Thread" this is a great thread for community Chit-chat while we wait for development of sim and mingle with each other in Forum.

Just amazing yeah, I'm still stuck in the 80-90's since I've stopped riding back in approx 2005 ish things have just technologically sky rocketed in stuff for motorcycling.

Oh boy do I want this - Just think..... "F-35 Rider Clubs"..... LoL

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I've always liked VFR'S. One of the few other bikes with single-sided swing arms like Ducati.

My Monster 1100 S.

Yeah, thats the main attraction with the VFR history and great for cornering its well balanced after years of refinements as well, as a past owner its awesome.

Also Ducati's had bad rep for electrics where Honda VFR's had none in comparison!

Link:- http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Sports_Touring/VFR800 ............ or .......... http://powersports.honda.com/2015/interceptor.aspx :thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I guess I can't argue with that. My bike never starts on the first try and my last one had same issue too.

Well thats not enjoyable for starters and its not reliable then on long rides. :cry:

I would patch it up and sell it asap and get a "Honda or Yamaha" and you wont regret it, happy riding forever.

Get something in the range of "Sport Touring" -

Its great for commuting, travel and general good road riding with good benefits in luggage carrying and rear passenger and center stand as well, they are sport performance in design and handling with adjustments and heaps of mods to customize for added performance or comfort.

Also much better after support and easily accessible parts for servicing.

Honestly Jap bikes rule and have ruled for decades :smilewink:

Watch...........

:thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Well thats not enjoyable for starters and its not reliable then on long rides. :cry:

I would patch it up and sell it asap and get a "Honda or Yamaha" and you wont regret it, happy riding forever.

Get something in the range of "Sport Touring" -

Its great for commuting, travel and general good road riding with good benefits in luggage carrying and rear passenger and center stand as well, they are sport performance in design and handling with adjustments and heaps of mods to customize for added performance or comfort.

Also much better after support and easily accessible parts for servicing.

Honestly Jap bikes rule and have ruled for decades :smilewink:

Watch...........

:thumbup:

Maybe try getting a newer one? My 2013 Ducati 848 Evo runs like a dream. No problems (other than where I've messed it up from modding it) and starts every time. 17'000km in 4 years.. Not bad mileage compared to some of the others with only 2k on the clock for the same age lol... But then I buy my bikes to ride them, not stare at them in the garage :)

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Maybe try getting a newer one? My 2013 Ducati 848 Evo runs like a dream. No problems (other than where I've messed it up from modding it) and starts every time. 17'000km in 4 years.. Not bad mileage compared to some of the others with only 2k on the clock for the same age lol... But then I buy my bikes to ride them, not stare at them in the garage :)

Being half Italian you would think right, I do like them dont get me wrong but my love is for VFR's :thumbup: with fully worked crank and forged pistons - http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/33919-837cc-big-bore-kit/ and carbon fiber fairing with an Akrapovic twin exhaust https://www.akrapovic.com/

My old bike craped all over the standard Duc's after ECU was dino tested and tuned for max performance like this here - http://www.dimsport.it/en/tuning-line/unique/bike/honda/vfr-800-vtec/

Jap bikes rule and will always rule for decades, fact!smilewink.gif

But I dont ride like the idiots who smash into railings lol

I use to ride up through Apollo Bay the Great Ocean road heaps and see guys under the side railings to fast using a race line on narrow winds.

in tight turns like this...................

Rolls-Royce-Phantom-DC-14_zpsenqgrom5.jpg

Great Ocean Road - watch................

I was a member of 2 club rider and qualified weekend instructor M8:smilewink: I had to leave the scene in 2005 as kids came along. Thats why I'm here looking at you LoL

I had lots m8's ride Ducs though still run into a few here and there but I had a RED VFR and all the gear and on track days they had trouble keeping up with me.

Back then no go-pro or camera phones but I have an old VHS video recording, I dont know how to convert it and would show it that it aint no joke.:smilewink:

Might ride again soon but there are other plans also as a family (Camper Van - http://www.jayco.com.au/range/caravans/ ) so who knows :dunno:

If I do ride again defo get Gopro and post youtubes that would be fun to do and I feel I missed out on stuff, because GoPro is amazing we did have this late 90's sadly.

Nowadays much more fun I wish I was younger again.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Unsure what you meant (Life savers) LoL - but watch - https://youtu.be/4zGnpttyOr8 :( :cry: unskilled - undisciplined - uneducated - careless!

Just gives us a bad rep, and the reason why cars don't respect bikes, all those accidents are the riders fault ignoring basic license training skills :cry: fact!

"NO RISK MANAGEMENT" in controlled environments where traffic lights, road painted lines etc are enforced by laws!

Its a UK thing i think, Ive overtaken a car (In a safe place) Looked over my left shoulder and he sped up along side me, I was not going partially fast but enough to get past, But if i had not looked over my shoulder i would of been down.

Its a UK thing i think, Ive overtaken a car (In a safe place) Looked over my left shoulder and he sped up along side me, I was not going partially fast but enough to get past, But if i had not looked over my shoulder i would of been down.

A huh, I see yeah spatial awareness much like sims the whole S.A. thing :lol:

P.S to help others and encourage safety always wear Hi-VIS Motorcycle Gear - "CLICK HERE LINK"

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Are Japanese bikes cheaper, more dependable, and easier to source parts. Yes, but they have no soul...no character. If I could find one that sounded like this maybe I'd consider that. I do like some Triumphs but even they sound like sewing machines.

It does seem like liquid-cooled Ducs have fewer issues. I was hoping they'd come out with a Multistrada with smaller engine to make it more affordable but I guess that's not gonna happen.

Not sure if you've seen this before dhevans79 bit it's mandatory reading for all Ducati owners.

Hunter S. Thompson-Song of the sausage creature

http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

Are Japanese bikes cheaper, more dependable, and easier to source parts. Yes, but they have no soul...no character. If I could find one that sounded like this maybe I'd consider that. I do like some Triumphs but even they sound like sewing machines.

It does seem like liquid-cooled Ducs have fewer issues. I was hoping they'd come out with a Multistrada with smaller engine to make it more affordable but I guess that's not gonna happen.

Not sure if you've seen this before dhevans79 bit it's mandatory reading for all Ducati owners.

Hunter S. Thompson-Song of the sausage creature

http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

First I just want to agree that this is all just good conversation not argument do we agree on that.:thumbup:

Okay, so I sense you have a strong passion for Duc's so did I at one stage to be honest, and I only said that to help you from my point of view. If you weren’t happy with your current bike being a Duc. That’s what I understood reading your post, sorry if I misunderstood you there.

So in my opinion now, I don’t see it that way because I owned 2 x VFR in my life so far and I fell in love with them they are that awesome in the many years I was riding and training and traveling with clubs.

So I have a different opinion and passion especially for VFR’s read post 45 that was my beast specs with other bits and pieces the Performance Bike Shop guy I took it to did for me.

On track days guys that had Duc’s couldn’t keep up with bikes that had some work done to them like my bike and neither could they overtake me easily if I knew they were there.

So let me explain further, I guess you know anyway but to enjoy the discussion further the VFR is a V4 at 90 degree and pre 2001 were gear driven with DOHC multi-point 16V, now rumble that down the manifold and exhaust into two pipes it sounds deep and throaty like Duc’s now the new models are VTEC and have other game changing feature like TCS and more through the CDU chip so on.

Watch this cool videos………

VFR 800 V4 Engine -

VFR 800 Akapovic -

VFR 800 REMUS -

And VFR800 ……..

Now tell me that’s not sweeeeeet, I loved hearing that never got old for me.

Again I’m out of the bike scene nowadays so I have not caught up with all the progression but late 90’s early 2000’s many Duc owners reported electrics and other issues and weren’t happy I know this now because of then being around those guys who owned them.

Of course Ducs have their place if you love them hey that’s what you like, some like Harleys I don’t like them either its all preference and “First Love” LoL shhh LoL

If I ride a Duc now who knows might feel different. Huh I just remembered every year down here Melbourne Australia Ducati would hold a public free ride event to promote sales you have to sign an agreement and pay $50 I got to ride for 1Hr. That was good fun heaps of guys would line up and head out in a large group. I’m not lying you can ring them up they will tell you. I don’t think they do that anymore. That how I got to ride some kool Ducs as well and felt the ride.

But I remain a passionate VFR lover forever honestly I think, they are that good and its history proves it.

Links:-

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/history-honda-vfr

http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Sports_Touring/VFR800

Now again I do like Ducs, but waying up cost’s for what I can do with a VFR it just doesn’t compute for me.

Again maybe I’m just biased and stupid here but that’s how I see it.

Anyway I found stuff that I said I would post on “Keith Code” the leader of the pack in training pro instructors you will learn heaps from this guy his really good to hear and absorb what he offers.

Books and Videos -

1. Twist of the Wrist: The Motorcycle Roadracers Handbook

2. A Twist of the Wrist Vol. 2: The Basics of High-Performance Motorcycle

3. Soft Science of Roadracing Motorcycles: The Technical Procedures and Workbook for Roadracing Motorcycles

Link:- https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Vol-High-Performance-Motorcycle/dp/0965045021

GET THE MOVIE DOCS BUT WATCH THIS CLIP:-

thumbup.gif

In other words ride with confidence and knowledge and trust the science of riding then you would have the understanding and skills to master cornering and evasive maneuvering this does not come easy but perfected through hours years of skill based riding.

So many guys go and get there new Duc 916 or CBR 1000 and take corners brutally with poor understanding, because the eye is deceitful and its an acquired skill mastered not just done to impress your m8's and find yourself under the side rails on a mountain top sad but true, just ask the ambos or cops on your next run in.:cry:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg