DCS world bugs for MISSION DESIGN, ED team: please evaluate...

All,

Release 1.5.5 makes mention of SHOWSTOPPERS that were fixed, so, our favorite bug #1 may be fixed too, but I can't find any mention of it in the change log of the release.

Can somebody please help to test if bug #1 (client group bug) is fixed? Please find attached this little mission.

Run the mission on a server. Then, on a DCS client, log into the server, and select the plane.

A message should appear that the GROUP functionality is working, otherwise it should say that it is bugged!!!

Can somebody pls have a look into this? Before you run it, you may check the little coding written behind a trigger.

Thanks, and pls let the community know the result.

Sven

Client Connection Test Bug in 1.5.2.miz

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

All,

Release 1.5.5 makes mention of SHOWSTOPPERS that were fixed, so, our favorite bug #1 may be fixed too, but I can't find any mention of it in the change log of the release.

Can somebody please help to test if bug #1 (client group bug) is fixed? Please find attached this little mission.

Run the mission on a server. Then, on a DCS client, log into the server, and select the plane.

A message should appear that the GROUP functionality is working, otherwise it should say that it is bugged!!!

Can somebody pls have a look into this? Before you run it, you may check the little coding written behind a trigger.

Thanks, and pls let the community know the result.

Sven

I can confirm that this BUG is fixed!

Greetz

• Like 1

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

If it was then I was unaware the fix was merged. Last I tested it was partially fixed. Basically it works fine for single client groups but there were issues with multi-client groups. Since it wasn't 100% fixed I updated its status and was waiting for it to be set as fixed again so I could test it. For stuff like that its kind of a hazy to know whether or not it will get added to a patch.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hi Grimes and Quax!

Thanks for taking this fix into test! Can somebody else please confirm if this is fixed? If it would be partially fixed, what does "partially" mean then?

Can we pls put some effort on this item please, because if this is fixed, that would be

director.gif music_whistling.gif AWESOME!!!!!

If this bug #1 is fixed, I would like to THANK the ED development team, Grimes and all other guys who pushed and pulled this through!!!

Sorry that I am right now not in a situation where i can test this myself ...

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Grimes,

Today I could test in MP the client bug too... It is indeed not resolved completely. It works as you indicated only when the group has only one client. When there are more clients in the group, the DCS Unit:getGroup() API fails and returns nil.

So the fix is indeed half done.

You did a great job testing this too and thanks for sending this fix back to the ED team for further fixing.

So I was today half excited and half dissapointed :-)

For the new upcoming tasking framework to work completely, it is required that this bug gets fixed. And I guess for many many scripts at DCS too.

So the current temporary workaround is to design only missions with one client per group...

Fortunately within the upcoming new release of MOOSE, you have the capability to "group" multiple groups into a set, that is given as a parameter to the tasking. So, in other words, MOOSe can simulate a logical "group" within a HQ->Mission->Tasking perfectly... A good test actually to see how that scenario works ...

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

[/u]BUG 6: Dynamically spawned AI do not display properly in debrief, logbook. (To test new MP interface and messages)

ID at DCS: 24826

Description: It is even worse. Dynamically spawned AI in multiplayer, does not show at the CLIENT machine (in the F10 map). Although they should be visible. Strangely enough, when you exit that running mission on the CLIENT (server still running) and then rejoin that server, these spawned AI units are now fully visible! So, if AI is dynamically spawned, it seems that AI is not sent through at the client side, although within the DCS world, these units are functional and completely acting normal.

Consequence: Missions become confusing. People may not notice that units are spawned on the CLIENT when the mission is running. As such, it is hard for these players to take the role of tactical commander on the F10 map and command ground units for dynamically spawned AI.

FC

Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but this is the only reference I could find to an issue I've been running into for some time now.

When trying two missions I've created (involving gromit190's outstanding AUTOGFT script), my missions seem to be working great in SP and when running my own MP server.

However whenever the missions are ran a remote server I sometimes can't see the ground units until I exit / rejoin the server.

This behavior is very erratic and it's difficult to determine if any other user (and myself) can actually enjoy the mission and see all the units that should be seen...

Any known solutions / workarounds for this issue?

Thanks!

Assaf.

Hi,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but this is the only reference I could find to an issue I've been running into for some time now.

When trying two missions I've created (involving gromit190's outstanding AUTOGFT script), my missions seem to be working great in SP and when running my own MP server.

However whenever the missions are ran a remote server I sometimes can't see the ground units until I exit / rejoin the server.

This behavior is very erratic and it's difficult to determine if any other user (and myself) can actually enjoy the mission and see all the units that should be seen...

Any known solutions / workarounds for this issue?

Thanks!

Assaf.

Sorry but there is no workaround for this mate.

[/TABLE]