X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles Wilbur81.

I was without my X-55 for a few months a while back when a driver corrupted in Windows 7. The throttle would not work. I tried everthing I knew to get it back to no avail. Tech support did not have a clue how to fix it. I even bought a second set to try for a fix. (This is now attached to an arduino MEGA interface :) ) I did eventually stumble across the fix through a mountain of trial and error.

The fix is not for the faint hearted.

It does require editing the registry, if you make a mistake in there it is usually terminal, requiring a full reload of the operating system. You need to flush out all reference to the x-55. All x-55 drivers and references to them in the operating system have to be deleted. Then you have to manually add the drivers to the operating system via MSDOS commands, not autoinstall as it buggers it up. When you plugh the x-55 back in it does work.

If you feel confident that you can handle the process then PM me for the details. I don't want to publish registry editing details publicly as it has catastrophic results if not done correctly.

Edited by BrassEm

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles Wilbur81.

If you feel confident that you can handle the process then PM me for the details. I don't want to publish registry editing details publicly as it has catastrophic results if not done correctly.

Brass-Em,

Thanks for the thoughtful response, sir! I just went ahead with a clean install of Win7. :-( It's always a pain to do (especially with DCS's insanely lengthy download times), but it solved the problem as the fresh Windows install sorted out the Mad-ness (pun intended).

Thanks, again, for the registry help offer, though!

W81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I see others have the dreaded Saitek nightmare, ever since the support went in the toilet..

I use the software and setup my controller in game and also use the Saitek software.

But, if you use the rotaries in the software profilers. and they are worn...

I decided to not use them at all in the Saitek profile software. Now, not as many problems with keys and bad key presses...

I fly several combat flight sims.

I use Win10.

(I see this thread is a few months old...)

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 3 months later...

X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

Yesterday reinstalled windows 10 x64 to my PC, since then i am trying to find the drovers for my X55 with no luck.

I found X55_Rhino_7_0_41_10_x64_Drivers these but after the extraction nothing happens and it seems that the software for setting up the throttle and stick is not installed.

Also i can not find windows 10 drivers from saiteks or logitechs page...

Any clue on what to do?

Edited by petritis

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Yesterday reinstalled windows 10 x64 to my PC, since then i am trying to find the drovers for my X55 with no luck.

I found X55_Rhino_7_0_41_10_x64_Drivers these but after the extraction nothing happens and it seems that the software for setting up the throttle and stick is not installed.

Any clue on what to do?

Problem solved I went to logitecs ftp server and downloaded the beta drivers.

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Any clue on what to do?

Logitech has updated drivers for some Saitek HOTAS, which include my Saitek X52 Pro. I think I already posted about this a few months back. I know the post is in these DCS forums...

here is Saitek X52 Pro software and drivers, Windows 10 versions

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x52-pro-space-flight-simulator-controller/downloads#

of course I don't know your exact model, but if you go look, you might find yours...

I see the X56, I do not see the X55 for Win10..

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x56-space-flight-vr-simulator-controller/downloads#

check to see the SST software and Drivers, both. As they are different in the download and Install. If you don't use SST then just use drivers I use the SST with my X52 Pro.

Good Luck! :joystick:

edit:

I see the differences listed in this link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/saitek-x-56-rhino-hotas-peripheral,31522.html

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR