JimMack Memorial Trophy 2017

Crash_Horror

Hello all,

On 2014, golfsierra2 took the initiative and started the JimMack Memorial Trophy "event".

The trophy is dedicated to Jim Mackonochie, a highly important member of the Eagle Dynamics community, who passed away on April 23rd 2013. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104617)

Following golfsierra's suggestion a nominations thread is announced yearly in ED forum in order to pass the trophy to a new member of the community, who actively contributes to the promotion and advancement of the sim community.

G9xgy4L.png

Mustang was the winner for 2014, 373vfs_Greg for 2015 and I (373vfs_Crash) for 2016.

So it is my turn now to hand out the trophy to the winner for 2017.

For this a new poll will be announced soon for nominees of 2017.

Candidates can be nominated in this thread within two weeks from now (namely until May 31st, 2017) including name (nick) and a short statement, why this person should get the trophy.

It would be preferable to keep the nominees below 10 so I can do the poll on these forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

mirknir

He developed and runs the Open Conflict server. His philosophy is admirable, smart, and flexible. His server is consistently one of the most populated multiplayer servers in the 1.5 server list.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

I'd like to nominate FlightControl for his tireless and endless devotion to the scripting Framework "MOOSE" which has enabled many average and new scriptors to extend their use of DCS into places unimaginable. He's on 43 thousand lines of code in the framework, the community now reached 100 strong and have 5 active contributing developers in the team, there's hours of video tutorials on his channel to help us, and he's 1:1 coached many of us to our first steps of writing LUA. His scripts can be found on servers like 104th, 132nd, TAW and many others that supply missile trainer, Air balancing, Tasking, detection, Scoring and Spawning and many other functions.

The reason I want to nominate a script writer for 2017 is because of the impact it has now and continues to have on the DCS community, which many take for granted, and we all know how hard and thankless it is to develop for DCS, and what a struggle it can be, but just creating the culture of people who want to group together to learn something complex and new is one of his greatest achievements.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I would suggest Bunyap sims

The quality content/detail that he puts out on YouTube is unmatched.

And recently we learned that his break from doing videos is because he is working with Wags on what I assume will be the first Normandy Spitfire campaign!

I would think that he deserves it just based on the historical research that he does for his videos, let alone the quality he puts out.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

BIGNEWY

he is a member of the Shrek squadron and many times hes been so kind to new people including me who just did not have time to fly on regular basis. I believe hes also a moderator now on these forums. Good luck to all nominees.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Bignewy, Bunyap sims, xxjohnxx.

First one is everywhere anytime in this forum :D, the other two made me learn this game

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Bunyap. He has probably taught the majority of the community how to fly their aircraft, most notably the A-10C. Without Bunyap I'd still be looking for the inverter switch on my A-10!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Really hard for me to nominate one individual we've had some great contributions to the sim and our community. I will however nominate "mirknir". I spend the majority of my time flying on his server and the quality of content has been top notch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Grimes

Without him there would no scripting from me as I used MIST extensively to learn LUA as well as the Hoggit Scripting wiki that he contributes too.

Many other missions use MIST as a base and he helped make dynamic scripting easy for us all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord