A-10C is worth to buy?

Biga42

A-10C is worth to buy?

Here is another praise for the A-10C; it’s an incredible model with great complexity and tons of training resources and some really good campaigns. (Georgian Hammer and The Enemy Within)

Due to the nature of the plane you have a lot of different scenarios in which the A-10C can deliver CAS / Bombing / CSAR etc. which adds to the long therm fun of the module.

Since it is a little older I hope ED will give it a small graphical fresh-up to bring it on to the latest visual fidelity.

I have most of my flight hours logged on the Hog and I am looking forward to flying it for a long time.

If you can afford it, it’s worth the full price, but buying it in a sale is a safe bet.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

Let's add another praise for the A-10C :)

Flown it since Beta, still learning new stuff all the time. It's by far my favorite DCS module nowadays, even though I love the Hornet and many of the other modules.

A10-A US$ 14,99 released 2013

A10-C US$ 60,00 released 2010

What is the difference between them? Why the newer has lower price?

The A-10A is an aircraft from the "Flaming Cliffs" series. Most importantly, these have no clickable cockpit and simplified systems modeling. In other words, starting up the A-10A should take something like 5 or maybe 10 keypresses, and then you're ready to go to combat.

The A-10C is a "full fidelity" DCS module with a fully mouse-clickable cockpit and very deep systems modeling. By my count, it takes at least 5 cockpit-actions to get the engines up and running (bypassing many, many checklist-items), and that still leaves electrics, avionics, environmental controls, navigation, autopilot, targeting, weapons, countermeasures, radios, and lighting offline, not to mention the lack of weapons profiles and manual changes to the flight plan if so desired. Oh, and the canopy will be open and the ejection seat not armed. :)

I believe the A-10A has been available in Eagle Dynamics sims as part of LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs for a lot longer, whereas the A-10C was an entirely new and fresh release, so that release date you quoted might be a bit misleading.

I've never spoken to RL A-10 pilots yet. But my guess is that, as a DCS A-10C player, we might actually have an in-depth talk on the most efficient way to enter coords (is it faster via CDU or UFC?), or how it feels like to fly on MRFCS, and how much of a game-changer newer A-10C suites (suite 7, 8 ) and JHMCS are in comparison to "our" suite 3 A-10C.

Not saying you can't have a nice talk with an A-10 pilot with the Flaming Cliffs A-10A as a basis for comparison. But I feel that we learn a lot more about the actual aircraft in the DCS A-10C module.

And ultimately, quoted for truth: BRRRRRRRRRT! :D

Adding to Yurgon's excellent post...

On top of all the electromechanical goodness, then you can go find a Squadron which actually adheres to USAF doctrine and cover yourself in several more layers of operational fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I can't say enough good things about A-10C. Other than the dated cockpit model/textures (which will be updated), everything else is superb. Plane-wise I still prefer the Harrier and Hornet, but considering the overall package including complex modeling/simulations and many excellent DLC campaigns to keep you busy, the A-10C is pretty much the pinnacle representation of DCS World.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

A10c is nice plane to fly and carries big variety of weapons, it is very forgiving on landing, a ham fisted driver like me can bounce it down the runway and not hurt anything and it also has a short roll out after touchdown.

Only problem is cockpit graphics, the buttons on the CDU and UFC are washed out and hard to read, also the marks on the knobs.

There's a reason why this picture exists:

kGKqhk9.jpg

Friend of mine is a contract wrench at DM in Tucson. He told me the other day that he had asked one of the pilots if he was familiar with DCS in general and if he had tried the A-10C. Pilot replied that he personally had not, but that it was very, very popular with many of the new guys.

I don't doubt for a second that it's being used for basic initial systems familiarization.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Poor guys doing that without head tracking :(

I think it's an initial familiarization of parts of systems and avionic with a desktop trainer. Next they will go train on a simulator with cockpit and projectors, and there they will move their heads.

Those HOTAS look like TM T-Flight HOTAS X to me.

Maybe i should dig my old one out instead of using the Warthog??? :)

I think the picture was taken before DCS A-10C became available. I know, I know, hard to believe, but there was an age before the Warthog (DCS, Thrustmaster, you name it). :D

Poor guys doing that without head tracking :(

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Shame they only use it for INitial Familirzation and dont use ED TBS SIm engine and its A10C module with their Full A10C Pit trainer.

120514-F-NT337-052.JPG

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Shame they only use it for INitial Familirzation and dont use ED TBS SIm engine and its A10C module with their Full A10C Pit trainer.

120514-F-NT337-052.JPG

I'd kill for such a pit :) even if the guy seems to only have the HOSAS installed ;)

BTW, what is that panel just behind the stick, below the HSI and NAV modes?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Friend of mine is a contract wrench at DM in Tucson. He told me the other day that he had asked one of the pilots if he was familiar with DCS in general and if he had tried the A-10C. Pilot replied that he personally had not, but that it was very, very popular with many of the new guys.

I don't doubt for a second that it's being used for basic initial systems familiarization.

The desk top simulator (based on ED’s comments in the past)and DCS A-10C are way behind suite versions, to include HOTAS commands so I highly doubt it’s being used for initial systems fam now days.

120514-F-NT337-052.JPG

Flew this simulator last spring. I met one of my real world 76th pilots and got about an hour stick time.

Edited by Snoopy