AGM62 Bomb vs Missile

Swift.

They do what exactly? They're both designated as Air to Ground Missiles (AGM).

When introduced they were given the (new) AGM designation, later as a 'glide bomb' the Walleye was listed separately from other AGM's (i.e. AGM-65, AGM-88 and AGM-84) in weapons tables as it didn't really fit with the other bomb or missile categories.

Can you shoot the Walleye down with an A/A missile or a SAM? In DCS you can shoot at missilies, but not at bombs.

If it isn't possible because of it's bomb designation it should be moved to the missile category to make it "downshootable" like a JSOW or BK90.

Although steerable via a data-link, the 2400 lb Walleye II is little different from a 2000 lb JDAM (GBU-31).

I'm not sure that DCS's air defence systems should be given modern 'Iron Dome' and 'C-RAM' capabilities

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a27046049/cheetah-air-defense-system/

... which bombs/missiles the AI can shoot down requires more info than "I think it should", however there are inconsistencies in DCS as to which air defence units can shoot down which bombs/missiles that ED need to address/document.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Interestingly, in the tactical manual pocket guide for the F/A-18 (A to C), both the Walleyes and the JSOWs are listed together with bombs, rockets and mines in the "air-to-ground weapons" category, versus the "air-to-ground missiles" category, which has the the AGM-65s, 84s and 88s (and, yes, the category names don't make a lot of sense, with the "missile" vs "weapon" thing).