[REQUESTED]Exhaust Smoke not Following Airstream

P3CFE

When there is a crosswind, and the plane is flying without sideslip, exhaust smoke is very wrongfully :mad:leaving the engine in an angle.

I don't know anything about programming ..and why it is this hard to correct or even give a reply on this.

It is mentioned several time during the years.

I love this sim.. and so much is perfectly simulated ..a peace of Art in my opinion :thumbup: Buttttt !!

the smoke behaviour is completely wrong !!

Even gives be a doubt about the rest of the Aerodynamic calculations in the game..Sorry !.

Please DeV's ..Reply on this. It is such a shame !!:cry:

The picture is me flying the beautiful Harrier...Note: I am flying without side slip.

So the air is streaming from nose to tail in a straight line, (please agree on this !!)….

So why is the smoke not following the flow of Air ??.

Thread Name is not objective and Clear..Sorry .

It should be "Smoke not Following Airstream" hope it kan be corrected.

671906159_WRONG!.thumb.png.737d1ff206da4a0998d303445d8cef90.png

Edited by P3CFE
Excuses About the thread name.

This is a general DCS problem. You should post it on the main DCS forum, however, I did post it many years ago (maybe still Flaming Cliffs times) and it hasn't been taken into consideration to this day.

On the other hand, they did correct the contrails, which were affected by the same issue until maybe a couple of years ago, so I think this should be fairly easy to fix.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Thanks for the answer bkthunder..

I did place this bugreport in DCS World 2.5, but someone moved the thread to

Razbam AV-8B N/A.

I know it is not an module related issue , but a fault in DCS..!!

Somehow I can not get this gripe under the attention of the right person...

Thanks..

Exhaust Smoke not Following Airstream

When there is a crosswind, and flying without sideslip, exhaust smoke is very wrongfully leaving the engine in an angle.

I don't know anything about programming ..and why it is this hard to correct or even give a reply on this.

It is mentioned several time during the years.

I love this sim.. and so much is perfectly simulated ..a peace of Art in my opinion Buttttt !!

the smoke behavior is completely wrong !!

Even gives me a doubt about the rest of the Aerodynamic calculations in the game..Sorry !.

Please Dev.'s ..Reply on this. It is such a shame !!

The picture, is me flying the beautiful Harrier..

Note: It is the same with every other Module !

I am flying without side slip.

So the air is streaming from nose to tail in a straight line, (please agree on this !!)….

So why is the smoke not following the flow of Air ??.

Thanks for any reply..already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=214133&d=1563804447

Smoke angle.trk

Edited by P3CFE
Link to picture added

• ED Team

Hi

I have merged the threads,

As far as I am aware the smoke following the air / wash is not modelled yet in DCS, this may change in the future as features like wake turbulence are being added.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Thanks BIGNEWY,

I was simultaneously editing to get the picture in the thread.

hope I did'n, t mess up to much ..

No do not worry :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

I have merged the threads,

As far as I am aware the smoke following the air / wash is not modelled yet in DCS, this may change in the future as features like wake turbulence are being added.

The contrails are already showing the correct behavior. We are not asking to have the smoke follow the airflow / jetwash dynamically (that would require fluid dynamic calculations), but simply make the black jet smoke behave in the same way as white contrails ;)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Completely agree with bkthunder..

The smoke should follow the same rule as the contrail with respect to direction it leaves the aircraft.

If the contrails leave the exhaust in the correct angle at this moment, it seems an easy correction to make for the smoke.

But if i'm wrong here, I would be glad to hear an explanation of the programmers or other experts.

Regards..

• ED Team

I did say " as far as I am aware " :)

I will try and find out.

• ED Team

if you have time please attach a short track replay showing this behaviour.

At your command :thumbup:

attached it to "Exhaust Smoke not Following Airstream" thread.

hope that will work.

Note:

I had a real lot of crosswind put in .. I think a hundred knots or so.

just to make it more visual...

Edited by P3CFE
Extra info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

thanks for the PM,

A feature request has been made, it is low priority currently and I can not say if or when this will change.

But it is in our system for dev consideration.

Thanks.

Oke, Thanks.

So, I can take it as an acknowledged "deviation from reality" in DCS from the DEV's, that was my main question, thanks again for clearing that up.

I Hope it is going to be marked as "Reported" then, that is a great way of ending the discussion :D

I can totally understand it is a low priority at the moment ..with al the development going on.

But the line part "If or when it wil change" gives me a doubt.

What I would totally not understand is that the dev's may be deciding to not correct this, when there is time for it (maybe that could be explained by somebody then).

But okay, there is so much you can do, and so much I can do so it seems.

All for an, even more, realistic simulator :thumbup:

Greetz