F-14 subsonic performance change after last patch?

vadupleix

Hello All,

First of all, this is not a post intended to question the FM correctness but rather to share some of my findings after last patch and see if there may be abnormalities in the aircraft performance or it’s just me not getting used to the handling changes (given I haven’t flown her a ton recently due to real life)

I have done a couple dogfights with AI after last patch and it seems like the Tomcat right now doesn’t want to get slow as before: using the same techniques as before I’m noticing my airspeed 50kt-ish higher than I anticipated given the amount of stick pull. Even at sub-200kt speed with landing flaps deployed, I can quickly get out of that situation and regain speed to above 300kt quickly (and screw up my flaps in the mean time) without even aware of that.

When reading the tacview recordings it seems like I’m getting ~25dps instantaneous turns quite often which I seldom get before.

So my question is: has there been any changes to aircraft performance below M0.8 since last patch or is this just a result of change of stick force/shaking effect (I’m using a FFB stick)? Has any of you noticed aircraft performance change in subsonic regimes after patch?

Thanks!

Not much has changed in the subsonic regime. Drag and thrust have been unchanged there for a while.

I reduced the pitch damping a bit which might allow you to pull higher instantaneous rates and therefore higher instantaneous AOA/G. Instantaneous rate measurements are not a good metric to judge the FM by either, btw.

Edited by fat creason
typos

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Not much has changed in the subsonic regime. Drag and thrust have been the unchanged there for a while.

I reduced the pitch damping a bit with might allow you to pull higher instantaneous rates and therefore higher instantaneous AOA/G. Instantaneous rate measurements are not a good metric to judge the FM by either, btw.

Thanks! That clears it up

Not much has changed in the subsonic regime. Drag and thrust have been unchanged there for a while.

I reduced the pitch damping a bit which might allow you to pull higher instantaneous rates and therefore higher instantaneous AOA/G. Instantaneous rate measurements are not a good metric to judge the FM by either, btw.

Good to know. :thumbup:

Any news on the further adjustment of the buffet onset?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache