Feet or meters ?

sylkhan

Don't know.

But feet to meters is easily done and almost exactly

x3 /10

Which is the same as /3.33 so nearly /3.28

Thx Tom, I know that, but i would like to know if we can have natively a good meter unit system in the JF-17, like in russian planes.

@uboats can you please set in special options the European metric option. This imperial British gonna be tricky for interoperability between the countries aircraft that never use this metric standard. I am pretty sure Pakistan engineers will set meters by client request IRL. I don’t feel good with British imperial settings to intercom each other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Imperial only

Can we have an option to use metric, please?

JF-17 a fighter for export and customised for the nation which purchases it.

I heard that both Nigeria and Myanmar have ordered JF-17. Both of nations use metric system. So I am sure their JF-17 would use metric.

Because for vertical velocity, feet per minute is not the same and nowhere near as useful as meters per second. In an air to air combat, who cares what happens after a minute. Every second count in those situations.

• Like 1

I heard that both Nigeria and Myanmar have ordered JF-17. Both of nations use metric system. So I am sure their JF-17 would use metric.

Feet and nautical miles is the international standard in aviation, both civilian and military, regardless of whether the country in question uses SI or imperial units of measure. There are a few exceptions (Russia/CIS and perhaps a few others), but the fact that a country uses SI units for everything else does not mean that they would also do so in aviation.

Because for vertical velocity, feet per minute is not the same and nowhere near as useful as meters per second. In an air to air combat, who cares what happens after a minute. Every second count in those situations.

Thunder do not use metric units, just because it have to be compitable with PAF Viper pilots,

the throttle/stick is designed like Viper for this most important reason.

yes, it will be called 'copy'/'steal' or something like these,

for PAF, it's necessary, may be a MUST.

PAF will never want their invaluable Viper pilots to be sitting duck in military actions if Vipers are not availabl for non-technical reasons.

now, PAF Viper pilots can fly Thunder the similar way they fly Viper.

Edited by L0op8ack

I hope they could consider adding it as an option. It would be a difficult decision for me to buy this plane otherwise; I do not fly aircraft using imperial system.

Same here

I think it’s interesting that some range indications seem to be in km

yes, it's confusing

Is it possible to consider an "export" version with metric unit.

It would something unvaluable for red side

Thunder do not use metric units, just because it have to be compitable with PAF Viper pilots,

the throttle/stick is designed like Viper for this most important reason.

yes, it will be called 'copy'/'steal' or something like these,

for PAF, it's necessary, may be a MUST.

PAF will never want their invaluable Viper pilots to be sitting duck in military actions if Vipers are not availabl for non-technical reasons.

now, PAF Viper pilots can fly Thunder the similar way they fly Viper.

I understand. But what about those ones made by China not pakistan for Nigeria and Myanmar? They are not imperical, right?

Also, you told us that you are planning an J-10A after JF-17. Please tell us that J-10A uses metric units. Please.

I understand. But what about those ones made by China not pakistan for Nigeria and Myanmar? They are not imperical, right?

Also, you told us that you are planning an J-10A after JF-17. Please tell us that J-10A uses metric units. Please.

I don't see why Nigeria, former British colony, still using English as official language wouldn't use feet & knots ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I don't see why Nigeria, former British colony, still using English as official language wouldn't use feet & knots ?

Nigeria uses km/h for their road signs but AFAIK use feet & knots for aviation.

Airport diagrams use feet as their primary unit i.e. large type font and tower heights, with meters listed in a smaller type font for runway length, etc.

los.jpg

Nigerian IFR approach chart heights use FL or feet i.e. Maiduguri (DNMA)

nigeria4-480x480.png

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Feet and nautical miles is the international standard in aviation, both civilian and military, regardless of whether the country in question uses SI or imperial units of measure. There are a few exceptions (Russia/CIS and perhaps a few others), but the fact that a country uses SI units for everything else does not mean that they would also do so in aviation.

that was forced imposed after WW2 to the rest of Europe and the USA allies. The most confortable and standardized is the metric systems. The European countries can easily remove the British imperial systems for aviation, they just don't needed and was not supposed to be official in our aviation measurements.

Metrics is awesome and imperials system is a nightmare. I have experience with both. We just need keep metrics as IRL is the most user friendly for many science and physics study do. That's why metrics systems should be keep it as an option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that was forced imposed after WW2 to the rest of Europe and the USA allies. The most confortable and standardized is the metric systems. The European countries can easily remove the British imperial systems for aviation, they just don't needed and was not supposed to be official in our aviation measurements.

Metrics is awesome and imperials system is a nightmare. I have experience with both. We just need keep metrics as IRL is the most user friendly for many science and physics study do. That's why metrics systems should be keep it as an option.

I’m French and I agree metric system is more user friendly.

But a module isn’t about what we like, it’s about what it is. If the plane uses ft and Kt, then so be it.

And since PAF also use F-16 they won’t use both systems.

Nautical miles have one advantage for navigation: 1 minute of latitude = 1 Nm.

And if you use yards, 1 Nm = 2000 yards.

Just learn the key numbers for you plane, respect those numbers and units doesn’t matter that much.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi