"Special For Joystick" binding for Master Arm

Bankler

go to Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lau and add these lines for the barometric radar and masterarm

{ down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch - ARM Else SAFE'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

{ down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Radar alt Else Barometric'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

This will create a new category in DCS, map the switches to those settings and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

go to Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lau and add these lines for the barometric radar and masterarm

{ down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch - ARM Else SAFE'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

{ down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Radar alt Else Barometric'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

This will create a new category in DCS, map the switches to those settings and you should be good to go.

A well known procedure, but every update I have to reinsert the lines again or rewrite the file from the backup directory.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Perhaps use OvGME. It will take you, oh, 4 seconds after every patch.

F-18 is in EA so sometime they update the file, and using JSGME or similar you could overwrite the file with an old version.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

• 4 months later...

I'd like the same thing for launch bar please.. Oddly, in quick action missions, the launch bar switch works properly, when I start the aircraft up on my own, the switch takes 2 throws to toggle the launch bar.. (flick the switch up to drop the bar, click the switch down and back up to raise the bar again..) Maybe this is a bug.. It's inconsistent from quick action mission and self starting..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's always great to have these officially in the module. Especially since it's in early access, the devs basically get what's needed and are able to implement it, often even without writing the code themselves because often there's someone who did it already on their own. I also use edited lua files for input that I load via JSGME, but I always have to check after updates if changes have been made to the original files and update mine then.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'd like the same thing for launch bar please.. Oddly, in quick action missions, the launch bar switch works properly, when I start the aircraft up on my own, the switch takes 2 throws to toggle the launch bar.. (flick the switch up to drop the bar, click the switch down and back up to raise the bar again..) Maybe this is a bug.. It's inconsistent from quick action mission and self starting..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same here. It would be great if Launch Bar was added as a "Special for Joystick "

OBOGS too please!

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

+1 and here is the code for the Arrestor Hook:

{ down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arrestor Hook UP Else Down'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I could make a BRT/OFF toggle for the Strobe light. Can't believe with 8 other Strobe commands (for a 3 position switch) there is no toggle.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Will this make your Client un pure?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Wish I’d seen this months ago.

Also wish ED would’ve fixed this months ago.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to do this for the Anti Skid and Hook Bypass switches (using the Fuel Norm/Override switches on the Warthog throttle). Anti Skid works fine, but Hook Bypass simply toggles between Field and Carrier each time I turn the switch ON.

Any ideas what's wrong here?

{ down = gear_commands.AntiSkidSw, up = gear_commands.AntiSkidSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Anti Skid Switch - ON/OFF'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

{ down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Hook Bypass Switch - FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Specific switch abstraction')}},

Also, what does orange indicate in the input editor? It's actually the Anti Skid binding which is orange but that's the one which works ok.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Weird that there's a default binding for speed brake Retract/Off but not one for Extend. I added the following (changing the down value to '-1.0') and am happy to report it works as expected...

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/OFF'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 2 weeks later...