VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice. - Page 26 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #251
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 30
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBastd View Post
Is there a proper guide to how to use VKBDevCfg yet?
Until someone get use to this software and write a how to, the only know and available guide in English is the one linked there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199464

But was made by Russian guy - I guess VictorUS, seems not VKB employer, with limited English knowledge.

Besides this DevCfg use enigmatic names for functions - that sometimes confuse even their creator:

"Instead of the TrRst function, it's probably better to use the TrimmerSet function with the desired character:"

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/...27#entry589036

A kind of "virtual axis of the trimmer (Dial-Slider 1)".

No clue for what use this - Slider1 is created by Y axis movement - if a button is pressed (?):

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 01-18-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #252
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 32
rrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to allrrohde is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBastd View Post

In the meantime, I want to modify how my fold down trigger works - if possible.
When it is folded UP, I want it to briefly trigger a button press. At the moment it holds button #24. I only want it to fire for, oh say half a second.
When it is folded DOWN, but without being pulled, I also want a brief button press. When I pull the trigger, button #3 fires as long as I hold it, and that is fine. Don't want any change here.

Anyone know how to achieve this? Thank you.
I've found this on the Russian IL2 forums, posted by Alex Oz (developer of VKBdevCfg) - translated via Google Translate (maybe this is helpful):

Activate the virtual trigger buttons by the Enable MCG PRO Trigger option (for the non-PRO version this procedure is meaningless).
The trigger allows you to separately activate and use the following virtual buttons that are tied to trigger positions (selected by the corresponding checkbox):

Safe : the button is triggered when the trigger is in the flipped position. The button has a hard setting (approximately starting from half the stroke forward).
Armed and Fire - have sliders for setting the "trigger" position (the slider is to the right, the later when the button is clicked).
Armed has 15 conditional gradations, Fire - 7 (the current level can be viewed by hovering the cursor on the desired slider)

The array of buttons is set by the first button Safe (But N), the others are automatically tied.

With the above settings, no buttons are pressed in the middle position of the trigger.

If it is required that the button is pressed in the free center position - it is necessary to perform a different calibration procedure in another way (bring it to the center from the Safe position slightly without leading it) and set the sensitivity slider Armed to the leftmost position.
Further on the Buttons-Logical layer tab, you can make the mapping of the logical buttons to taste (if not satisfied with the default).

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Chizh on the question as to why DCS development seems slower and slower: "Slower than 20 years ago? - Yes. The slowdown is primarily due to increased requirements for quality. Very few modelers are able to provide it."

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #253
Bearfoot

Reputation power: 10
Bearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1_br View Post

No clue for what use this - Slider1 is created by Y axis movement - if a button is pressed (?):

Maybe something is lost in translation, but for me by default Slider 1 is "GATE CONT" hat switch left/right.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #254
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 30
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post
... default Slider 1 is "GATE CONT" hat switch left/right.
This programming example is related to Gladiator, but certainly valid for Gunfighter bases:

Quote:
Combi-trimmer for example, on Gladiator:
Axes names are Windows default - when used Windows HID drivers, case of VKB sticks. Custom joy drivers, e.g. Saitek, Tm, can use other names for axes.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote