Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 421 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #4201
dedde01

Reputation power: 0
dedde01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
Probably I'll get a lot of flames going on me because of being fully open but the SRS is not mandatory. Consider there are people that for whatever reason can't or don't want to use it. I don't think they should be eliminated.

For anyone that actually wants to have a good overview there are already tools to find out what is going on, which location needs support, where the fight is going. PAC intel, the gadget website and the spawn list are a great source of information.

Don't draw a conclusion and equality mark that if someone is not on SRS he is not playing for the objectives and vice versa that those that are on SRS are not having an airquake in a middle of mountains where no targets are.

Frankly speaking, before the SRS times I had seen a lot of coorination between the lone-wolfs just on the chat. Nowdays it seems really seldome which probably is contributes to more uncoordinated game. It doesn't really requires a lot for a transport heli pilot to figure out which location is potentially going to be closed soon, report on chat that he is going to fly troops there and from time to time check the status with others if the location is safe to land.
Yes, I know that.
I first joined this server when round 8 was running, and I wasn't capable of speaking with proper terminology in the radio, but I didn't give up: I installed the radio, the first few times I was only in "receive mode" doing things passively. Now, after not so much time, I am doing mostly the GCI for blues, taking decision and coordinating the team... u can't go so far if u never take a choice like mine.

I think that what u've said about the gadget page ecc... is true, but u can't live only of supposition in an official round. That thing, can be good only between the rounds, then it's gonna become difficult, especially for a GCI that has to coordinate things.

Mb: Asus PRIME Z370-A ; CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K @4.0 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 ; DCS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;
MONITOR: Samsung 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz ;
TrackIr 5; Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X; Turtle Beach PX22;

DCS MODULES: A10C Warthog ; F15C Eagle ; Mirage 2000k ; AV-8B N/A Harrier
dedde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #4202
dedde01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaDoW STeP BG View Post
Yeah, there are some of these people, but they are not more than 15% if you ask me. At the end of the day, this is not a SP mission. It is a MP Campaign, you need to work with other people, and the easiest way is trough voice comms.

I've even though about the idea: what if the server had a password and the forum thread link displayed in the server description (obviously that means that the OP and the PDF file have to be updated adequately), so you know that the person has read what is the server about.

Not some random, no header, who joins in, has no idea what is he doing flies for a bit and then quits and never comes back, because he thinks the server is stupid and he is just getting killed.
+1

Mb: Asus PRIME Z370-A ; CPU: Intel Core i5 8600K @4.0 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 ; DCS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;

Old 01-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #4203
dedde01

Reporting @2150Z massive server lag.
Details:
I was doing GCI for blue side. Server started lagging, then my map view freezed, except for 3x M4 soldier that began moving from ambrolauri FARP in 3 different direction like CRAZY (below the ground at -14000 feet and 750knots). They were the only thing moving on the screen .
Now (@2157Z) I am trying to join again the server after I disconnected because my Map was still freezing even the server ended lagging, and I wasn't also able to change GCI slot. Now I can't enter server (waiting after I hit the join button in the loading page)

Like every time, server isn't crashed

Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #4204
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 14
Ciribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of lightCiribob is a glorious beacon of light

Server had hung - but in an interesting way where you can try to connect to it, so its kinda running, but its not responding.

Restarted

Thanks for reporting!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #4205
dedde01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Server had hung - but in an interesting way where you can try to connect to it, so its kinda running, but its not responding.

Restarted

Thanks for reporting!
Like everytime, I'm gonna guess... of course no crash no log