Crimea WW2 Map ?

Anyone know if the Russian WW2 map is going to be based there. cant find any info and I mean it would make the most sense. Battle of Sevastopol and all

the fierce fighting that happened there and the terrain being similar to the Caucasus map. I see and easy pipeline after soviet fighters being released having aces in the skies battling it out matching with records showing the historical counterparts were for the most part evenly matched in skill especially JG77 and 6th guards naval aviation. I think it would be a great Eastern battle field for the WW2 players.

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

What Russian WWII map?

The Caucasus map is being extended a little toward the south, but IIRC ED said they have no plans to include Crimea. Speculations as to why are all just that, speculations.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What Russian WWII map?

The Caucasus map is being extended a little toward the south, but IIRC ED said they have no plans to include Crimea. Speculations as to why are all just that, speculations.

Absolutely agree, it is only speculations net that it would be much more interesting for WWII the North African theater or that of the Mediterranean with Malta not to mention the Pacific...

:thumbup:

Kuban region trimmed for 1942/43 would be also a nice addition, (some of my squadron Mates even refuses to touch the Map any Time soon after 10 Years of non stop Caucasus) but what we do there fly out the K4?

With I-16 we get least suitable Plane for the Time Frame for single Player Mission for ground staff at least...

Also you can work around with the current Map but sometimes you get at least some strange Situations, remember shoot down a P-51 in MP and the wreck hit the Nuclear Power Plant lol :D

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I see and easy pipeline after soviet fighters being released

Easy? :lol: In 3 years we might have 1 soviet WWII plane...might. ;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Absolutely agree, it is only speculations net that it would be much more interesting for WWII the North African theater or that of the Mediterranean with Malta not to mention the Pacific...

WTF Falcoblu, don't strawman me. I was specifically referring to why there will be no Crimean map. I mentioned nothing about any other theaters. Sheesh.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Whut? The guy wasn't strawmanning AFAICT, he just stated his opinion. What's wrong with that?

I said that any statements as to why ED will not do a Crimea map is speculation (because ED said they would not comment on their reasons), and Falcoblu claimed "Absolutely agree, it is only speculations net[sic] (not?) that it would be much more interesting ...", which has nothing to do with my statement.

Maybe he has issues with English as a second language. I don't know, but I didn't say anything about maps in those other theaters.

So Crimea River...

*groan* and so a Dad-Joke is born :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I said that any statements as to why ED will not do a Crimea map is speculation (because ED said they would not comment on their reasons), and Falcoblu claimed "Absolutely agree, it is only speculations net[sic] (not?) that it would be much more interesting ...", which has nothing to do with my statement.

Maybe he has issues with English as a second language. I don't know, but I didn't say anything about maps in those other theaters.

Frankly it was not my intention to make fun of anyone, I just expressed my opinion on the matter, and I repeat that I think to make a map of the Crimea dedicated to WWII does not make sense especially because the airplanes are missing that theater and I find it much more interesting theaters such as that of the Mediterranean.

Then if you felt offended in some way I'm sorry and I apologize for this, as I said above it was not really my intention.:thumbup:

*ahhh* don't worry about it. I was probably just having one of my Grumpy Ol' Man™ days; sorry about that too.

I don't think you're necessarily wrong about a WWII Crimea map having kind of limited use. With the AC we have now we are pretty limited in realistic options over all.

I wish ED would pull together all the 3rd parties working on warbirds and organize having a specific theater and time frame and fleshing it out and work forward from there. I think something like US, GB, and Japanese aircraft 1941-42 and a Solomons map would provide a basis for a huge amount of simming. Sides would be fairly balanced (some strengths, some weaknesses) with so many months of fighting to be drawn on.

You could add a New Guinea map later or tack it on to the Solomons to add a couple of years onto the theater. And island group specific maps would probably not be terribly difficult to develop. After all, they would be mostly water.

Of course the Battle of Britain is so iconic, how could one mention WWII flight simming without mentioning it. But I wouldn't suggest moving there directly. It's kind of a saturated market, I believe, and I'd really like ED to be successful in their endeavors. Besides, who's really done a good job of WWII in the Pacific, the emphasis being on good job.

ED got saddled with Normandy and the current aircraft through circumstances. They have done and are doing a great job of honoring decisions they did not even plan. At some point I hope ED will think about taking all their new technology and experience and make a well considered fresh start with possibly better opportunities for a more linear approach to advancing WWII products.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I suspect they are waiting for other developers to pick up the baton on this. It is a huge undertaking to develop all the modules necessary for any one time and place. As you said, what we have in DCS World is not the result of a single strategy, and has resulted in an eclectic range of stuff which is a little disjointed to say the least.

The bottom line is, every module is a big investment of time and money, and it is not going to be a simple task to get the whole developer community working in any single direction. I guess it is a little like herding cats!

Would we like more WW2 - sure. We'd like a lot of things, but everyone wants something different, and until a dev decides to back any particular theme, we'll just have to get what we're given I guess.

As to which WW2 theatre is most promising - given the airframes we have right now, and what we know are on the horizon, Western Europe late war bomber campaign map, followed by a Pacific theatre map, then we'll have to wait and see. If we get some Russian airframes, then maybe a Eastern Europe setting might well follow, though I guess you could have Russian Spitfires versus Bf-109K and FW-190D9.

I'd sooner see more emphasis on completing the inventory for the theatres we have, and know are coming. It'll take a lifetime to realise those alone, without expanding much more, and further diluting the mix.

But, it's in the lap of the sim gods right now.

Nice thoughts, still I would like ED follows the development of WWII content, some third parties has demonstrated their skills as well as some others hasn't. WWII modules are the top notch they are because the care taken in their FMs and that needs a certain commitment only ED (and Belsimtek, right, still kinda ED) has demonstrated. I trust them and only them for now to carry on WWII development. May in the future the Corsair development change that, I wish it does, but I believe they aren't a big enough team to get the whole WWII development by themselves.

That said, a map, well that's different kettle of fish, that can probably be done by others without great fuss. Modules with a same level as we currently have I'm not so sure though.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I totally agree on a Solomon Islands WW2 map! if they could make it big enough to cover New Guinea that would be perfect because it would cover the operational areas of the IJN, IJA (air corps), USMC, USN, USAAC, RAAF, RAF and the Dutch!

Perfect hunting ground for all manner of aircraft espically for the upcoming F4U Corsair from heat blur... now we just need a P-39 and a P-38!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Ive heard rumblings about a potential Iwo Jima map, however I would not be a huge fan of that as its only one tiny island and the air battles around Iwo were not as iconic or as balanced as the battles around New Guinea and the Solomons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

• 3 weeks later...
What Russian WWII map?

Sorry meant if ??

Not many major theaters concerning air battles comes to mind except Crimea and its a shame if they didn't use the caucuses map and extend it to Crimea there was many battles fought there and I swore I read somewhere that it used to be on the map back in lock on days but was removed. so they have some framework already in place so I would think it would make the most business sense to use a map already in place with tweaks similar to them updating the map to 2.5

It also seems Logical to focus on the battle of Sevastopol or the fighting around Crimea in 1944

but that would also mean we would need a Soviet Fighter on equal footing like the La-5 or La7. and AI like the Stuka and Sturmkovik. But thats if they want to do a Russian theme they still have the Iconic battle of Britain, North Africa theater or Numerous battles in the Pacific they could choose from.

But it would be a shame from a western stand point not to do a Soviet based theater since we don't see that side of the war too much being over shadowed by the rest. But again we would also need a Premier soviet fighter to go along with it. :pilotfly:

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Ed and BelsimTech have both stated that there unannounced modules and "surprises" coming. Veao has also stated they are waiting for a unified code.

It has had to be a nightmare trying to program 3 different branches. Most likely the pace will pick up now that the merge has happened. there seems to be a lot of content and bug fixes and improvements still inbound, but delayed till the merge. plus the map tool isn't available yet. Keep the faith. however I am 52 and wont be able to fly forever, so I can understand the urgency...

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry meant if ??

If I understand your question correctly, what I mean is that from the ED team the statement was made that Crimea would not be put on a DCS map, and that--in my words--discussions as to why would not be commented or tolerated.

You can try to second-guess as to why, but it would be nothing more than speculation, because ED will not comment on their reasons.

Not many major theaters concerning air battles comes to mind except Crimea and its a shame if they didn't use the caucuses map and extend it to Crimea there was many battles fought there and I swore I read somewhere that it used to be on the map back in lock on days but was removed. so they have some framework already in place so I would think it would make the most business sense to use a map already in place with tweaks similar to them updating the map to 2.5

It also seems Logical to focus on the battle of Sevastopol or the fighting around Crimea in 1944

but that would also mean we would need a Soviet Fighter on equal footing like the La-5 or La7. and AI like the Stuka and Sturmkovik. But thats if they want to do a Russian theme they still have the Iconic battle of Britain, North Africa theater or Numerous battles in the Pacific they could choose from.

But it would be a shame from a western stand point not to do a Soviet based theater since we don't see that side of the war too much being over shadowed by the rest. But again we would also need a Premier soviet fighter to go along with it. :pilotfly:

I do not doubt that there was extensive fighting on Crimea, but there was extensive fighting in many places between Leningrad and the Black Sea.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Ed and BelsimTech have both stated that there unannounced modules and "surprises" coming. Veao has also stated they are waiting for a unified code.

It has had to be a nightmare trying to program 3 different branches. Most likely the pace will pick up now that the merge has happened. there seems to be a lot of content and bug fixes and improvements still inbound, but delayed till the merge. plus the map tool isn't available yet. Keep the faith. however I am 52 and wont be able to fly forever, so I can understand the urgency...

Actually, there were only two branches, and now there is just one. Open Beta has always been the test-bed for the Release version. IE updates are implemented in OB first and publicly tested there, before they are implemented in the public Release version.

But you are right, I expect there to be a lot of updates over the next few coming months.

I'm 58, so I know exactly what you mean Andy. Sometime in the future I'll only be flying from my desk... oh wait, that's what I'm doing now :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler