*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional (or even if I'm doing something wrong), but it is only possible to map the Intercom radio volume controls to keyboard keys, and not to other controllers... Any chance this can be changed?

Thanks

evilivan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If there is a Keyboard Command for the function, then you should be able to map it to your controller (hotas) but you may well have to do this using your controller's/hotas's profile software.

Aircraft tuning dials etc that you want to affect using your controller may require that you set up Bands or something like that in your controller's software.

You can't just map your controller to every function from directly within or solely within DCS's Profiler. But keep in mind that "some" hotas profile software may interfere with DCS's profiles.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks SnowTiger

My controller does not come with its own software, so my only option is through the DCS control mapping. All other aircraft allow me to map controls to my (several) controllers, apart from the Gazelle - therefore seems like a bug (or or missing functionality) to me...

evilivan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting.

What is your controller ?

What buttons/dials/rotary/slider etc (on your controller) are you trying to set up ?

The answer to those questions may well get you the help you need by someone who also uses the same equipment.

Best of Luck

Having trouble with Auto hover. Sometimes when you engage it it will just level and the just start moving forward faster and faster. Happens in 2.1 and 1.5 latest versions

I cant really replicate it but it seems to happen when i take off, put it into auto hover (works fine then) and engage the tv monitor, turn on power turn the key one right and eventually put master arm on and fly to the enemy.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Hi trigen.

Can you confirm that you are Trimmed optimally for Hover ?

I'm just curious if being trimmed for forward flight might "knock it" out of Hover Mode (so-to-speak).

Have not touched any trim controls and enabling Hover from less than 10 Groundspeed.

I think that confirms my point.

When hovering from a take-off, "I" trim the cyclic to aft of center (others I know will add a bit of right trim to that) making the hover more stable. Then engage Auto Hover.

If not trimmed aft of center (or the cyclic is actually centered) then the Gazelle naturally wants to nose down and move you forward.

That's why I'm wondering IF this makes it impossible to hold in auto-hover ?

To be honest, I have NO IDEA if that is how it works or if it is supposed to be how it works ??

On the other hand, if what you are experiencing is something that is new since a recent DCS Update(s) then that's another story. In which case, sorry I'm unable to help.

Went flying again. I took off, went into a hover. Then i turned everything on and set the switch to ass on the copilot panel, i did not switch the key and master arm. I flew for about 10 minutes turned on the key and master arm, then i i engaged the auto hover and it worked fine behind a hill. Then i turned it off flew for about 4 minutes, tried to engage it and it just flies forward when it says its engaged.

Does it somehow overheat? or am i making some mistake? IF not its essentially unflyable.

I think that confirms my point.

When hovering from a take-off, "I" trim the cyclic to aft of center (others I know will add a bit of right trim to that) making the hover more stable. Then engage Auto Hover.

If not trimmed aft of center (or the cyclic is actually centered) then the Gazelle naturally wants to nose down and move you forward.

That's why I'm wondering IF this makes it impossible to hold in auto-hover ?

To be honest, I have NO IDEA if that is how it works or if it is supposed to be how it works ??

This is due to dissymetry of lift and gyroscopic precession, in which the blades going forward generate more lift than the blades going aft. In the Huey you move the stick slightly aft and to the left to hover, but since the Gazelle rotor rotates clockwise (opposite the Huey) aft right is the way to counter this phenomenon. So you're absolutely right, and this has apparently been added or amplified in the Gazelle FM.

Not sure how the Gazelle is modelled but, DOL is not a factor in a hover without wind. Cyclic positioning while hovering is typically countering translational tendencies induced by tail rotor.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Will mention this one last time.

Went out, flew for 2 minutes. Put Autohover on and enabled weapon systems. Engaged auto hover at around 50m and it just kept drifting forward. Then i tried going lower and auto hover worked as it should, looked around with the camera for a bit and it started to drift to the left. After this i could not get it to slave to the camera. for my part i cant trust this to work when i need it. Hope you can find out what this error is quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

1.5.8 latest patch

Gazelle explodes on spawning into it in Multiplayer

Anyone else getting this, in MP instant explode when spawning into Gazelle ?

this is on first connect the select gazelle (L) then click FLY .... BOOM

second time select diff gaz and you are OK

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Hmm I am on 1.5.8 Open Beta and do not experience this (had it in earlier times).

Happens on FARP or on airport. With me that happened on FARP with earlier releases

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

What is the mission?

Create a hot start from RAMP at any airfield or FARP and all should be good...

Some missions scripted for a spawn ON GROUND a/c can explode if positioned on a FARP or rough ground - same as for some other airframes...

SIGBLOCK.png

• 4 weeks later...

I have no idea about mission building...but by any chance are the soldiers set to invincible in mission editor (like we can do with AWACS etc)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 3 weeks later...

In multicrew, when taking control as a co-pilot, the input is VEEERY delayed (1-2 seconds), impossible to fly as co-pilot.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

In multiplayer (VR) the frames half as soon as the battery is turned on and return back to 45 once turned off. With inly 22 FPS it can only be flown for a few minutes due to nausea This happens in no other aircraft and makes the gazelle unplayable in multiplayer. I can maintain a solid 45 FPS (ASW) with every aircraft in DCS except the gazelle.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Can't Save Custom Default Views

I posted this issue in the DCS 2.5 OB Release Bugs thread and have received no replies.

Maybe it's better addressed here. But rather than completely rewriting my post, I attach the following URL.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202980

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this same issue since last week's DCS Update ?