[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

Yes, happened to me for the first time yesterday.

Came out to the main menu and sound resumed. Next time I loaded a mission all was fine again. ( Just been playing the training missions )

BTW is the voice-over missing from some of the training?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

That happens to me in 2.0....with only the F86 so far.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 2 months later...

Similar problem here, offline, current 1.5, standard map, lost engine and gun sounds in cockpit view. Both OK in external view. Landed, opened canopy, still no engine or gun sounds in cockpit view. Haven't seen this problem with any other module.

I had this issue for a long time.

In my case the "mistake" was that I had two different playback devices plugged in the PC at the same time. a) My 2+1 speakers in the back panel of the tower and a Logitech headset via USB which I had selected as my default playback device.

After a while as many mentioned before me, some of the sounds of the game stopped playing in my headset and (apparently) were playing through my speakers which at the time I had powered off and couldn't listen to.

Everything was fine after I unplugged my speakers from the back panel of my tower and played only with my headset plugged. Hope this helps someone.

Same here. I just flying over Nevada in DCS 2.0 in the sabre and suddelny loosed sound of engine.

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. I suddenly lost all sounds in the cockpit view. The sounds were still there in the outboard view. Playing on DCS 1.5.4.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Me too.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Happened to me too over caucasus map. DCS 1.5.4

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem for the first time in 2.0, it happened a few seconds after being hit by ground fire, the bird was still fully operational but left me wondering was there any relationship ??

MoBo Asus TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) / CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / GPU Asus TUF RTX3080 / RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 @ 3600MHz / V-NAND SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 / PSU Corsair RM750 / CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum / OS Win 10 :pilotfly: 

• 1 month later...

[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

I did the bomb training mission today, and after a while the sound of the aircraft just stopped, there was nothing to be heard anymore, not even wind. I waited a little bit, paused the sim and switched back to Windows and started a video just to make sure it wasn't my system, the sound was fine.

I switched back the the sim, unpaused, flew for a few seconds, still no sound, I let the plane crash and I heard the crash sound normally. There isn't other moving vehicle so I couldn't check whether I could hear other sounds too.

So it seems particular to the module, I never, ever had this before with any other aircraft.

Logs attached, I see in particular this line

00389.007 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16780032:damage\wings_overload): gain

and lots of errors in there, which seem to happen much sooner than when I had the problem during the sim, but anyway I'm not familiar with which are considered "normal" errors and which are not.

dcs.zip

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

The Sabre has been suffering from intermittent engine sound cut-out problem for quite a few versions and it's been reported by various users multiple times already. Not sure if devs are aware of the source of it, though, but hopefully Your logs will help.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

OK, good to know. I was about to mention this mission had a peculiarity, there are non-ending explosions once we hit a target, and maybe it was messing with the sound, but it's apparently another known problem then.

Do we know if Belsimtek even knows about the problem?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR