NTTR info and mission by the 476

There are no strict rules regarding how to get to a certain range. Common is that when going to the 70's, departure is up North through the Sally Corridor, and create a flight plan that get's you to the range.

For the South ranges (60's), the FYYTR (LOW) departure is pretty common.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

ok thanks Stuka I actually found what I was looking for on the nttr map on you guys website!! Thanks for the hard work!!

I have a few other question. I have been studying and playing around the google earth link you guys provided. I've watched a few videos of some of the 476 drivers and from my observation, it seems like marshall points from that google earth are only used for orbiting hold!? Am I right? Can they be used for navigation also or generaly just used for anchoring down?

Finnaly, I am wondering what are the TAC points used for!?

Cheers

Beazle

Yup, the Marshal points we use for inbound/outbound flow to/from the ranges in an LFE.

Nothing holds you from using them for other purpose.

The tacpoints can be used for anything you want: navigation, holding, CP, IP,...

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

• 1 month later...
Thank you sir! That was the solution. Performance seems normal now for my i7-4770K.

Cheers and thanks to Stuka for all your great detailed work. Excellent job.

-Waxer

Thanks a ton for this! It also fixed my issue. Having Tacview recording while running this mission absolutely demolished my 8770k, from 70+ FPS down to 40. Turning it off in the special menu of DCS cleared everything right up.

Everything runs fine except for looking at certain parts of the 60's range up close really hurts FPS , by 20FPS or more, does anyone else experience this?

Edit, this is the range I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/4K9xqWh

Edited by Gimbal

• 1 month later...

All targets are blue?

Stuka, FOA, many many thanks for that great stuff!!

Last night i tried a mission out there, ordering FAC JILL to mark targets for me. He did so, but on debriefing i was told that i shot friendlies and all point are gone. So, what do i have to to to make the targets red?

RGDS

Stefan

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Select a red faction when placing the targets.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Select a red faction when placing the targets.

Well, i´m referring to the already given targets onsite... ;-) For new placed targets you´re right. ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

• 5 months later...

New update of the mission available! (at last!)

Download still here: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=403

Numerous additions and tweaks. So much I forgot to keep track.

At the very minimum, following ranges have been added/altered:

62-03

63-01

63-15

64-08

64-09

64-11

64-12

64-13

64-15

64-19

64-30

65-03

65-07

74-03

74-06

74-39

76-01

76-07

As always, go to our NTTR pages to get all the intel on the ranges & targets.

dUJOta.jpg

• 4 months later...

Great work! One question though: You have quite a few navpoints defined in the mission file. Some of them can be found with their coordinates in the AFBI Nellis document, so I suppose you took those coordinates from there. However there are a lot of navpoints which I could only find in departure or recovery charts as DMEs (e.g. RYANN). Where did you get the exact coordinates of those points? I could not find any official source for those points. Did you just measure the DMEs and placed the points there or did you have other reliable sources for those points?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for the excellent work. This is most appreciated. :thumbup:

I think I found a small error in the Google Earth data.

The position of the "Needles" VORTAC EED does not match its position in DCS.

If you zoom in to its Google Earth position, there's nothing there at all.

However, at the position where DCS shows the EED VORTAC, Google Earth does show a VORTAC station. It's located south of Laughlin near Topock and Golden Shores at 34°45'57.49"N, 114°28'26.90"W; see also Google Maps link.

Thanks a lot for the excellent work. This is most appreciated. :thumbup:

I think I found a small error in the Google Earth data.

The position of the "Needles" VORTAC EED does not match its position in DCS.

If you zoom in to its Google Earth position, there's nothing there at all.

However, at the position where DCS shows the EED VORTAC, Google Earth does show a VORTAC station. It's located south of Laughlin near Topock and Golden Shores at 34°45'57.49"N, 114°28'26.90"W; see also Google Maps link.

Good spot! :thumbup: Thanks

Fixed now.

dUJOta.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, does anybody have or know where I can find a RANGE script for the NTTR in particular the 63 range where there are strafing and bombing targets?

I tried making it myself with Moose but am getting nowhere, I guess I'm just too dumb to know how to use LDT, LUA and DCS.

I looked here, DCS user files, at the 476th VFW , google...but I can not find a script for the range anywhere.

What I would like is to have a script where they give you a scoring for a strafe run and tell you how many bullets hit the target and also where they tell you how far the bomb has dropped from the bullseye. I know that this is possible because I have seen videos of it.

Does anybody know where I can get a miz and lua file for this?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

NTTR Mission problem

Thanks for the excellent work. However after the last update, my coalitions in the nttr mission,all I have opened so far,have all become BLUE, except for the USAF Insurgesnts.

I did repair, cleanup etc, but no change.

I checked Caucuses and Persian Gulf, they still have my coalitions. It's not the end of the world if I call the Red's the aggressors, but thought you should know.

Once again thanks for making Nevada a very interesting place to fly round

• 6 months later...

I set up a simple CAS mission with AI JTAC in the Range 74. It tells me IP is FORD. Maybe I'm just blind, but there is no such thing as tacpoint FORD anywhere. I've searched everywhere but no luck. Any idea anyone?

Thanks.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.