Where will the mirrors go?

Is there a module with mirrors that should not have them?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

ED also have a pesky tradition of putting control sticks mounted in front of the pilot seat too....what a conundrum!

e1a22bf08b5abc172b0077a382db43783a4b98fc6e6b0d35151f36d1e5542531.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don’t well know where you can put mirrors in an F-16 but since it is an ED tradition to put mirrors in all their models, they will have to go somewhere!

F-16 problem is that you do not have mirrors!

The other problem DCS has is that those mirrors field of view and angle of view are just... to apply some lipstick...

I have lost count how many times the mirrors has changed their field of view and angle of view. Few times they have been great so you can actually benefit from them, and then rest of the times they are just too narrow, pointing to your face or just glitchy like now.

Like example in a L-39 it is great to have that one circular mirror as you can easily see few hundred meters behind you and around your rear, so you can perform the maneuvers to avoid enemy chasing you to get a good line.

In Su-25T they were great to observe the rear after dropping bombs etc as you could see where the targets spread out and what was the effect. Then we lost the trees rendering etc there so...

The lack of mirrors will be one of my biggest gringes in F-16 module... But what can you do. This because in VR it is even less possible to look at your 5'clock or 7'clock positions, and your 6'clock is in blind spot. But that is how it should anyways be, why you have mirror there to check your six as you can't turn your head so well there anyways.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Don’t well know where you can put mirrors in an F-16 but since it is an ED tradition to put mirrors in all their models, they will have to go somewhere!

Wtf?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

You don’t need mirrors in a F16. The canopy design and the angle of your ejection seat make it quit easy to check your six. At least it was in the sims I flew before. For Track IR User it was never a problem to check your own six. When using VR it might be more painful and you need a stable seat fixed on the ground but than it should be a lot easier than in other jets.

I thing the tai F-16 has mirrors.

But hey let’s hope for a functional AG radar soon instead of mirrors..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not even sure why I'm doing that but..... ED does have a tradition... of modeling things after the real planes.... So, the mirrors you see in the modules are in a place where the real planes have them.... Since the F-16 does not have one, don't expect to get it modeled in the module.

Should you miss the mirrors why flying F-16 once it's released in DCS , you're always free to mount a mirror to the frame of your monitor. Don't expect that VIRPIL will release a dedicated mount though. Google some DYI tutorials on YT and arm yourself with a roll of a duct tape. I'm sure you can do wonders.... :thumbsup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

For Track IR User it was never a problem to check your own six. When using VR it might be more painful and you need a stable seat fixed on the ground but than it should be a lot easier than in other jets.

TrackIR is like a cheat, you can look around without any limitations you would have, way too easy to look your rear, way too easy to look around etc.

That is one thing VR makes greatly better, limiting your head movements to 1:1. But the limitation is the FOV so you can't see at corner of your eye your rear, but you can look your six by realistically grabbing top of your chair and look past your shoulder if really wanted, but you don't do that in many cases as you need to move on your chair. And some will cheat by using office chair that rotates.

The TrackIR is not much different from the fixed camera positions that you are switching with the hat. Like set hat down position to switch to camera that is perfectly pointing to your six and you can just hold it a second to see situation and then release to see normally forward. And none is disabling you to do same with VR, but it is cheating in competitive flying.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This has to be the most obvious troll I've seen in a long time...

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

But checking your six will wear out your neck for vr or track it users:megalol:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm not even sure why I'm doing that but..... ED does have a tradition... of modeling things after the real planes.... So, the mirrors you see in the modules are in a place where the real planes have them.... Since the F-16 does not have one, don't expect to get it modeled in the module.

Should you miss the mirrors why flying F-16 once it's released in DCS , you're always free to mount a mirror to the frame of your monitor. Don't expect that VIRPIL will release a dedicated mount though. Google some DYI tutorials on YT and arm yourself with a roll of a duct tape. I'm sure you can do wonders.... :thumbsup:

BOY!!!! I need a new keyboard and monitor now, thnx for that. :megalol:

Nothing a little trip to Autozone cant fix. Some 3M tape / velcro and a some cheap mirrors. Stick'em right on the canopy.

10/10, would buy and install again.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Next to the cup holders...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well, that depends...

I see what you did there...:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

You arent chasing F-16's, F-16's are chasing you.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |