quick helios question

Anything with and MFD. I have all the modules pretty much. I just find that if you get it to perfectly fit for the A10 and then load say the AV8, it doesn’t fit into the confines I need it to. I overlay the TM MFD bezel on top of the LCD screens I’m using.

So the MFCD displays are not exported through Helios. You can display those without running Helios by altering your monitor setup lua or like i did, creating a new one. I have attached my file but you will have to alter it to fit your screen resolutions and setup. This file is found in the root file location: Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup. I currently export MFCDs and other displays for the KA-50, F-14, F/A-18, A-10C, and Gazelle. I hope this helps.

2_Monitors_Multiaircraft.lua

Ok I’ve already done that Pave. What I don’t like though is my A10 mfd fits great on the 7 inch display. All the text around the mfd (tad, dsms, etc) line up really well with the TM mfd bezel OBS buttons. But when I switch to the av8 they don’t line up that well. I don’t want to have to make Lua files for each a/c and have to reboot dcs each time I want to switch a/c. Is there a way to avoid all this but have the text for each mfd on each a/c line up the the Tm mfd? Thx!

I think I understand what your problem may be. In your monitor lua, do you define the A-10 MFCD as LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD? They are now defined as ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT. Do you also fly the Hornet? I ask because I notice that the Hornet and the Harrier define thier MFCDs with the same words (LEFT_MFCD etc). It used to be that all the MFCDs were defined as the same name but now I notice that they are changing them to be particular to the aircraft. I presume to allow for what we are doing here. Can I assume that the problem you have is that the MFCDs are not sized correctly to the TM bezel? I may be way off on my troubleshooting so could you post your monitor lua file?

Hi Pave. what Location do you actually see that they call it ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD? I can't find this anywhere in any file as of yet. But here is my Lua file

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 2560 + 125;

y = 0;

width = 590;

height = 590;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3360 + 125;

y = 0;

width = 590;

height = 590;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

chief,

Go here and download this mod that renames the A-10C screen exports:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1411604/

You really only care about the MFCDs I suppose but this will allow you to export more later if you so choose. That should allow you to differentiate between your exports. I hope this helps.

Also, I take no credit for the creation of these mods but they have served me well. I advise you to use JSGME or the like to keep these mods straight as they can begin to pile up on you.