HEADQUARTERS - massively improved fast mission generator

cercata

• 2 months later...

Let’s hope there is progress on this, but it’s been 3 months since we heard anything.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...
BUMB , why all nice projects fade away (i look you gridbased campaing gen) ??

The explanation is very simple : volunteer developers, like him, have to work for a living.

Some are lucky enough to have a job that leaves them with a lot of free time, and a wife kind enough to accept that most of this free time goes into programming (that would be me :music_whistling:)

Other are not and must work long hours.

hq4dcs is an open-source project (I was the one convincing the author to open-source his project) and, as such, is open to anyone who want to contribute.

You're welcome to work on the project, this will make it go faster.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

The explanation is very simple : volunteer developers, like him, have to work for a living.

Some are lucky enough to have a job that leaves them with a lot of free time, and a wife kind enough to accept that most of this free time goes into programming (that would be me :music_whistling:)

Other are not and must work long hours.

hq4dcs is an open-source project (I was the one convincing the author to open-source his project) and, as such, is open to anyone who want to contribute.

You're welcome to work on the project, this will make it go faster.

That's all true, but it doesn't require much for busy people to make a post on status once every few months. If he's given up on the project, that's fine, we all understand the reasons. It would just be nice to hear if he has or not.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That's all true, but it doesn't require much for busy people to make a post on status once every few months. If he's given up on the project, that's fine, we all understand the reasons. It would just be nice to hear if he has or not.

He hasn't (from what I know) but has a lot of work at the moment.

Just give him time, he'll come around.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

In

(sorry, in french), he says that he's not worked on this project for two months but still has plans for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My grandma used to say : never give money away if you're gonna regret it ; either consider it a gift, or get something in return immediately ;)

But, more seriously, his project is open-sourced and on Github.

I'm pretty sure someone with DCS and .Net experience can easily take the relay.

Not me, I've got my hands full ;)

How do you know that? Great news!

The author just started to work again on this project :)

Be patient, more news soon I think.

Great news Mirabelle !

Passe lui le bonjour de la part de la VEAF qui pense bien à lui !

Cheers,

Zip.

This is a fantastic generator, but Im having an issue.

I have got latest version from github, installed ok, missions are generating.

I am flying AV8, and have selected JTAC as “always” in options.

How do I invoke JTAC to work?

I cannot see any JTAC comms in menu.

Do i have to set up a laser flight or something?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Andy