Unrealistic landing and emergency air system doesnt work.

motoadve

If you hold the brake handle full on in a YAK52/CJ6 (IRL) at any appreciable speed the Tyres stop rotating and will wear through in no time and burn through.

Ok Understood. Thanks to all for explanations.

I'm looking forward to see how this will be managed in a future update.

BTW does someone know the minimum (without any damage) landing run length ?

Ok Understood. Thanks to all for explanations.

I'm looking forward to see how this will be managed in a future update.

BTW does someone know the minimum (without any damage) landing run length ?

I have landed the CJ6 in 900ft, 1000ft no wind.

Might be able improve a bit, but not by a lot, only have 100 hrs in the CJ6, but thousands flying backcountry and short strips.

I have landed the CJ6 in 900ft, 1000ft no wind.

Might be able improve a bit, but not by a lot, only have 100 hrs in the CJ6, but thousands flying backcountry and short strips.

Ok understood, thank you for the reply.

So I guess we could consider the 300m mentioned in the DCS manual as an acceptable length?

If so, did you had a chance to try my settings ?

I only changed the "Max brake moment" from this setting: 0.33 * 8000.0 to that one: 0.02 * 8000.0.

Unfortunately this do not modelised the braking behavior as described above (no lockup) but at least it makes the braking weaker.

https://www.yakuk.com/aircraft/yak-52/

where we can read:

.Landing run is 200 meters (wheels down to stop, approach speed 130 kph)

Interesting that the data sheet below that quote says 260m !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

How are the Fligth Dynamics at it's current state ?

When the Yak-52 was released it had a few problems that some RW Yak pilot reported. There's a long thread about the issues, that started with simple stuff like pitching moment due to flaps deployment and so on...

Have the updates brought it to better shape ? Can the FDM be considered closer to reality now ?

What are, in the oppinion of those ( few I guess ) with RW experience on type or similar, the main positives & negatives of the model ?

Thanks for any comments...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

.Landing run is 200 meters (wheels down to stop, approach speed 130 kph)

Approach speed doesn't mean anything if we are talking about landing roll. The only interesting item in this case is the touchdown speed.

E.g. the German Yak52 manual says 300m at Vapp 160km/h and touchdown at 115km/h.

I doubt that the 200m were measured at MLW and if he's e.g. almost stalling the Yak onto the runway (I managed 95km/h at MLW) the landing roll will be for sure shorter than the flight manual numbers.

Flap drag is still unchanged which means extended flaps will reduce the airspeed by 120km/h!

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

• 2 weeks later...

Unrealistic landing and emergency air system doesnt work

Or Hong Kong

Looks like they put a lof of effort in that module. Have to buy of course. Also a lot cheaper than the F-18.

Do you know if we get a Forrestal class carrier with it?