November Training Missions

Frederf

I've made a couple (hopefully more in future) semi-interactive training missions from available pilot manuals for the bis. I'm sure they have factual errors and typos but hopefully just a few. Please feel free to point them out as you see them.

They are first a cockpit tour with describes most dials and switches from one side to the other. The second is a tri-part ramp start which should cover the super-detailed with all the checks version, a scramble start, and what I would consider a normal start. The detailed is complete minus any fixes but the scramble and normal aren't finished.

The missions are eventually designed to go into the lessons.lua in \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Missions\EN\Training as either supplement or replacement for the included training missions. They can also be run as normal missions. If you want to add them into the training list add an entry to lessons.lua such as:

{
   ["file"] = 'November_MiG-21bis_1_Tour.miz',
   ["name"] = '01 Cockpit Tour',
   ["description"] = 'Learn most cockpit switches and indications of the MiG-21Bis.',
 },

November_MiG-21bis_1 and 2.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, what used to work in a previous version isn't working in this version regarding trigger flags. Each stage of text is a flag2=1, flag2=2, flag2=3 and so on. Unfortunately I get to flag2=99 and I'm kind of stuck so I have this weird system to start incrementing another flag to continue (the whole system has like 250 steps).

Since then they've allowed flag values >100 so I'll be able to use a much more sane system instead of having to change flags every 100 and all the logic associated.

Saved against the latest OB with several small fixes which should work for any of the recent versions. What I should do is continue to the more interesting bits like maximum performance climbs, economy climbs, etc.

November_MiG-21bis_1_Tour_OB.zip