getting harrier soon - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
thrustvector

Reputation power: 1
thrustvector is on a distinguished road
Default getting harrier soon

gonna grab her in the next few days, cant wait to fly it... are there any major probs I need to know, and did I hear the carrier is on station for her as well included?
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
=Pedro=

Reputation power: 16
=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice=Pedro= is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
... and did I hear the carrier is on station for her as well included?
It is indeed
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
javelina1

Reputation power: 20
javelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of light

you'll really enjoy her! an excellent module.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
Andy1966

Reputation power: 2
Andy1966 will become famous soon enoughAndy1966 will become famous soon enoughAndy1966 will become famous soon enough

Yes the Module is a blast. It seems the EA release went smoothly and no showstoppers that I hit yet
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
thrustvector

great, thanks, looking forward to this, as I have the viggen but wanted a good multirole as well, and taking off vertically has to be cool
Old 01-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #6
ESAc_matador

Reputation power: 14
ESAc_matador has a spectacular aura aboutESAc_matador has a spectacular aura aboutESAc_matador has a spectacular aura aboutESAc_matador has a spectacular aura aboutESAc_matador has a spectacular aura about

Landing vertically, that is the point.
ESAc_matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #7
Fri13

Reputation power: 11
Fri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really niceFri13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
great, thanks, looking forward to this, as I have the viggen but wanted a good multirole as well, and taking off vertically has to be cool
You can take-off vertically with just a minimal weapon load, like 2x AIM-9 and low fuel. But otherwise you need to do a rolling-take-off (jump-jet) where you accelerate to a good forward speed and then jump in the air and start accelerate forward.

You don't need long runway at all, close to <100m really.

And then when you are low in fuel and empty, you can perform a vertical landing.
But either case you need as well use a onboard water to increase thrust and that gives you a limitation of time how long you can hover.

All things considered, you are operating nicely from the off-road bases and road-bases very close to enemy so you are doing lots of sorties carrying only load you are expending.

The Harrier makes it very nice to fly as it is very close to Su-25T by capabilities (and yet Su-25T module is lacking many of the features it should have) but even more fancier manner as you can do that short take-off/landing.

I am waiting that we get the AV-8B+ later on as additional variant as then we get as well a radar variant and Harrier fan can perform ground as air attacks and operate from same base.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
smallberries

smallberries is on a distinguished road

I just was practicing Mavs, used em and went guns-guns. Dove in at a ridiculous angle while I was still trying to remember how to switch to AG guns, finally got it, by which time I had to steepen the dive, and pulled up viffing and pegging 8G, clearing a hangar by probably less than 20 feet.

An 8G air bounce. Try *that* in your fancy schmancy F-18 :-)

You'll love it!
smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
thrustvector

funny you mention the 25t, that and the 25, are quite a fav of mine, I wish they did do a 25t update with bells n whistles, I love to use mine "wild weasel" style.
and yea the f18, love the plane and I'm sure I will get it, but I want one now not in spring, plus I need the f5 next to go totally top gun
thanks for the input guys.....might get her today!