DCS and Pimax

Wags

And I forgot to tell you this with new Vive pro and Oculus Go which will released in next 6 to 9 months which is just minor advance from first gen VR forget about it you will see somenthing really new gen2 VR from Valve and Oculusin next 2.5 or 3 years. Pimax is your only chance for really new experience in 2018. And be honest to your self how much did you know about this products before CES 2018? Nothing. This is just marketing and that have nothing with product quality, just showing better financial power and marketing experience nothing else related to product it self.

So don't judge something just based on marketing.

The thing is, for me, I'm not in any big rush. Would I like the higher res and FoV the Pimax should offer? Sure! But I am happy to wait until the tech is more sturdy and we can be more safe in the knowledge that it's a solid all-round product.

Besides, I couldn't justify the outlay so soon after shelling out so much on Rift & Touch - including all the accessories for eyewear etc that can't be used on other devices.

Next year or 2020 is another matter.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Oh we don't. As it is common to say "Fool me once, shame on me ; fool me twice, shame on me". I'll just wait for the revolution.

revolution?

btw it's fool me once shame on you

Edited by dogbite

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Come on guy you obviously forgot that Oculus until Facebook buying it even have much more problems than Pimax have right now. --snippage-- So don't judge something just based on marketing.

I don't know. I backed DK1, and DK2. It was pretty straight forward. I don't think 8K is in trouble or anything, but there isn't as much confidence. Hell, I voted with my wallet and backed them. So I want them to succeed.

And marketing is marketing. I don't get upset nor pay much attention to it. Their *job description* is to conflate things to make the company look better.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I don't know. I backed DK1, and DK2. It was pretty straight forward. I don't think 8K is in trouble or anything, but there isn't as much confidence. Hell, I voted with my wallet and backed them. So I want them to succeed.

And marketing is marketing. I don't get upset nor pay much attention to it. Their *job description* is to conflate things to make the company look better.

There isn't anything in P5 that should discourage you. They admitted to bringing it to CES despite the fact they hadn't fully calibrated the new hardware. They obviously solved some of the issues at least partially.

"After hardware and software fine tuning and all the issues resolved, we plan to ship limited number of testing units to selected backers, and may bring the units to more backers to test via roadshows. " Xunshu

Wait for this before you get too concerned. This will be where the rubber meets the road.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

The only concern i have is about the image quality. When you add more LED, the colors will look washed out. My Pimax 4k has this issue. Brainwarp makes the screen darker. I hope they manage to adjust the color gamut on the new displays better.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

The only concern i have is about the image quality. When you add more LED, the colors will look washed out. My Pimax 4k has this issue. Brainwarp makes the screen darker. I hope they manage to adjust the color gamut on the new displays better.

I will take Pimax's response to the issues at CES as valid. Based on everything I have voraciously read in following this tech, I don't see anything that won't be resolved in that regard. Take their statement "the benefit of the new design will reveal after fine tuning". I believe this to be very likely, but then I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

Looks bloody awful doesn’t it?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It's the weight that matters, and thankfully you'll be looking through it, not at it.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I know, I know. Each to their own. It’s the resolution and fov that matter to me.

Actually it looks smaller in his hands than on his head though!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I believe it actually weights less than the rift, so it shouldn't be any kind of issue.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

What it looks like externally is right up there with what the guts of my computer look like through a windows all lit up. Not where I am looking so I could care less. Then my avatar is my actual face, so I am not stressing appearance so much anyway. lol

Are there any reports on how DCS behaves with the Pimax 8K at the CES? I just could find a Video in which you can see on a Monitor that DCS is running at the Pimax stand, but actualy no reports about it.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I have a really FAT Head,So I think it will look perfect on me ;)

I have a head like a tennis ball so even the Rift looks big on me. Putting this thing on will be like wearing a football pitch!

• Like 1

Since when has wearing VR (or infact TIR or any other flight sim geekiness) looked good? :)

you have to see me with my WHITE led hand made tracker made of stuff found in the house attached on top of my head like and flashing with lights the whole wall...

pretty sexy imo tho.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Are there any reports on how DCS behaves with the Pimax 8K at the CES? I just could find a Video in which you can see on a Monitor that DCS is running at the Pimax stand, but actualy no reports about it.

I see it too but that was free public 1.5 version with free SU25 modul.

Even I like Pimax8K and believe in this product and his advantages as future best thing for serious gaming like Flight sims have to admit Pimax don't have right person who will run this game in the way we could see details we all want to know. For proper test and review Pimax8K in DCS I think we have to wait to be done from someone who is using DCS in privat.

Don't expect anything usable for us from CES 1018. But soon they will ship some prototypes to the chosen backers who will do soe final and proper testings before they make final version.

• Like 1