Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney - P-51 randomized scenario - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Reflected

Default Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney - P-51 randomized scenario

I wanted to create the ultimate P-51 Mustang fighter sweep single mission, and this is what I came up with.

Take off from "Bodney", England with a flight of 4 of the 486th FS (Preddy, Whisner, Mayer, Pattillo). The base is alive with a lot of units moving around. Plan your own fighter sweep mission and carry it out. You can fly to Rouen, Caen, Cherbourg, anywhere you like over France. There are dozens of trigger zones where you may or may not run into enemy or friendly flights. Flying to one of these areas can trigger 10-20 different combinations of units - once you run into a massive dogfight over Rouen, the next time the skies will be empty. You never know. There are also some ground targets that can randomly appear, so you can also go down to ground level, but be careful with the flak.

So it's not really a mission, it's a scenario, a blank canvas. Nothing is pre-set. What you paint on it is entirely up to you and Lady Luck.

UPDATE 7/2/2017 - Now you will lead an 8 ship formation

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...0265/index.php

A coop version is attached to this post.

PS: for full immersion I recommend you download my skins HERE.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	175768   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	175769  
Attached Files
File Type: miz Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney - Coop.miz (1.54 MB, 14 views)

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by Reflected; 02-07-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
stiffstarch1

Hi Reflected.. I am new to DCS World and just upgraded to 2.0. I love your lskins. They are the best I have seen. I found out how to add your skins to the game. Now I don't know how or where to put the miz files that is the mission files.

Could you guide me to where and how to put your missions so that I might try them.

Also.. are you making any more skins of 357th FG and is it possible to ask for Man O'War of the 4th FG?

Thanks. I know it is a lot , but I thought I would try here first.. really want to try your missions.

Thanks

Stiffstarch
stiffstarch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffstarch1 View Post
Hi Reflected.. I am new to DCS World and just upgraded to 2.0. I love your lskins. They are the best I have seen. I found out how to add your skins to the game. Now I don't know how or where to put the miz files that is the mission files.

Could you guide me to where and how to put your missions so that I might try them.

Also.. are you making any more skins of 357th FG and is it possible to ask for Man O'War of the 4th FG?

Thanks. I know it is a lot , but I thought I would try here first.. really want to try your missions.

Thanks

Stiffstarch
Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words. Try putting them here:
C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions

Then you can open them from the missions menu if you navigate there.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,9 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / Oculus Rift CV1
Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
stiffstarch1

Thank you so much for your guidance..Much appreciated

Stiffstarch
stiffstarch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
Reflected

I attached a coop version to the original post. If anyone wants to host, let me know, I'd love to join

My Music
My DCS Skins
Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
Shadow KT

damn, this sounds awesome ! should be a blast for all the mustang pilots

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
71st_AH Rob

Put your coop version on my server last night and tried it out. Lots of lag when objects spawn in but manageable.

DCS bug is a pain, whenever attacking FLACK on the ground the server crashes. I think we need to wait for ED to fix this to really enjoy. Maybe it will be fixed by the merge.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #8
the_soupdragon

Reflected

How do I replace the default skins with the blue noses of the 486th?
I have down loaded your skins (and very nice they are too) but how do I use them in this mission?

Cheers
SD
Old 01-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
Reflected

Hi SD,
If you have Cripes a'mighty, Petite 2nd, Moonbeam McSwine and Sweet and Lovely installed the mission should automatically use them. Are you able to select these skins in the loadout menu before loading the mission, just to check?

My Music
My DCS Skins
Old 01-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #10
Andy1966

Just wanted to say thank you Reflected, I have tried your other missions and they are great also Rep IB
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote